Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10 how bad is your emet?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1(just a little)

4 1.59%

5 1.99%

12 4.78%

13 5.18%

23 9.16%

20 7.97%

56 22.31%

66 26.29%

35 13.94%
  • 10 (worst)

28 11.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I would say my emet is about an 8 at its worst..i am still able to go out to some places without panic and usually eat normally.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

In general, I function pretty well. It shows up a little bit when I am doing something that could involve somebody else, or myself v*.

It can get as high as 10 if I am confronted with a situation that will involve v* that directly involves me.

I use to be a 10 but proud to say that I am more of a 3 now on really really good days even a 1.....but the one just happened and it isn't always there.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I voted 7 cause I always have some anxiety about v* and take many precautions, but its a 10 for sure when I get really bad, I can't eat, life sort of revolves around the phobia and it gets hard to do things.

it really depends.. on a daily basis, my emet is about a 2.

when i feel sick - 9 or 10.

as long as i haven't been anywhere I could have picked one up--at most a 4 probably. as long as nobody is sick, I count work and home as "safe" places. but if I have been somewhere else, particularly a place I have gotten sick from before or know there's a high risk, or I have to eat there etc. then it's much higher.

Right now I'm at an 8 or so...it's a really bad patch for me. Before I would have said 3 at the most, and that's only if I felt sick or my hubby was sick...it's tough. Right now I'm not eating barely at all and panicking at the moment too!

Sad to say, but I put chose the 10.

It's just a CONSTANT fear/annoyance now.I cannot go one hour without thinking about it.

When I go anywhere, I am very anxious.

I can hardly eat my safe foods without worrying.I can no longer even think about eating food out or else I start to get stomach pains.

If only magic genies existed.

I chose an "8". I worry everyday, but manage to get through with therapy and medication. I hope to be a "1" someday! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

At its worst now but I think I'm exaggerating
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On average, about a 5. It varies from day to day. In the summer when it's warm and I'm outside a lot and feeling good and happy it's a 1 or 2.

In the winter when I feel like I'm surrounded by sick people it gets pretty bad, 8 or 9.
    Elizabeth

i would be about an 8 i cant eat properly because i always feel sick, even if i am full or have some kind of pain in my tummy or just overly hungry it all feels like i am sick and about to v*

I've put 7 cos it's bad at the moment - i've had moments of a 9 lately but prior to this setback it was prob a 4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I go through phases. When I am in one I will constantly feel n* and have absolutely no appetite. I drop a loooot of weight, but as I progress into one of my phases I eventually progress back out of it; albeit, slowly. I've had them last for more than a year. Currently, I just got out of one about...the ending of last year. I've gained some of my weight back. I'm getting there.

Right now I'm at a 5. Anything can trigger a panic attack for me, but it doesn't happen as easily or randomly like it does when I'm in a phase. During one of those, I can swiftly reach a 10.

9. I think about it every day, it interferes with my life SO much. I've actually considered killing myself because of it in the past. . .

However, I don't have the phobia of other people throwing up, or seeing it in movies or whatnot, so I took off a point.

It's absolutly horrible.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I wudnt say my emet is bad at all and generally i dont let it interfere with my life. It's only when i feel ill or someone i no well is sick that i freak out.Oh and plus if im in a confined space, dont no why.

My Emit is a 10 when i feel nauseted . I have it for 40 years.Had 5 babies with sererve Sickness and not once vomited. I just couldnt.For other times it dont be to bad,
    I cant be around people who are dck including my Chldren.
    This makes me feel guilty.
    M y aunt is 83 and orten gets upset stomach but i go straight home ,
    I feel a failure. I want to run when im feeling sick.
    Its the worst fear to have/
    Thats for listening [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    geraldine xx

I chose a 7. At my worst I was a 10 at all times. Now it does between a 4 and a 7.

Although my emet influences my daily life, I am better than I used to be and can lead a seemingly normal life. (But it of course gets bad if I feel n* or am around someone who has had the SV)
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

My level of fear really depends on who I'm around for
    some reason. (I'm only afraid of others getting sick). If
    I'm around close friends, it's around six. Family it's
    around 8 for some reason. I guess it's because I know
    that I have to be in the same house as them. And for
    people I don't really know it's a ten.
    And the thing that makes it worse is that I try to
    convince myself that I'm getting better, because I'm
    convinced that it's all in my head, so I'm not cautious,
    but then when the situation occurs, I break down, and it's
    even worse because I'm also freaking out because I
    worry if I can trust my judgment any more.

I agree about the phases, this time last year and a bit before that, it was probably a 6/7, now I'd say a 3 really.
    It's nice to have times of relief from it being bad, but it's annoying that whenever you're feeling good, you're just waiting for it to be bad again!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

i think im at a 10.
    i'm never not thinking about it.

I consider myself an ex-emit, but I still would get a bit shaken if I got v****ed on. I cast my vote for 1.
    Ask me this question a few years ago I would have chosen 9. I spent my high school years homeschooling do to panic attacks. (I never went out except to do basic life things.)

I think mine is about 9 or 10.

i get to be about a 7, sometimes at my worst im an 8...
    i rarely refuse to leave the house bcuz of it, except if i actually feel sick, but not if i just fear that i will. ive only done that once or twice, and always they were bcuz i was feeling bad then or a little while b4, so they dont count...

but when i am actually n*, i need to be alone, until i am actually going to v* and i HAVE to have my mom there. i have never done the deed without her there except one time when she was in the shower...

i always hide from "threats" in public places, threats meaning people who look as though they are going to p*, people who look like they just p*, and people who ARE, actually, p*. and of course p* itself.

and i must abrubtly leave now because i am also terrified of bugs and there appears to be one in my br so..

byethen AHHHHH!!!

Well, right now, I'd say I'm about at 8-9 because I think I may have been exposed to something yesterday. Once the 36-48 hour range passes, it should go back down again. I voted 6 because I think that is where I am in general. I used to have more trouble with it, such as not eating much all the time, but it wasn't so much to the point of not going out anywhere for fear of coming in contact with v* or anything. Prior to yesterday, I was a bit more calm, but I was still thinking about it a lot and worried a lot because of it. Might be lower than "6" though... depends on what a 6 is considered to be. I don't know.

I'd say I'm an eight right now. At times I've probably been a 3 or so, but I'm going through bad spell lately. My stomach always seems to be upset and going out has been difficult.

4-5 right now. if it happens or i'm N* its like an 8-9

I would say about an 8, but it's hard to say because it varies. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]