Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10 how bad is your emet?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1(just a little)

4 1.59%

5 1.99%

12 4.78%

13 5.18%

23 9.16%

20 7.97%

56 22.31%

66 26.29%

35 13.94%
  • 10 (worst)

28 11.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How bad is your emet?

its an 8 in the winter season
    spring summer fall. not bad at all there are times i never even think of it!

I'd say an 8, but if i feel ill, it can quicly go up to a 10 in minutes

I voted 10. I am anxious almost daily - and all day or night long. All the time. Every evening, I spend sitting on my bed, with my trashcan beside me, a piece of tp or a kleenex INCASE I v*... as I've v*d before and it's awful when you have nothing to wipe your mouth on... my Pepto... my Phenergan... a bottle of water... tv up FULL blast and fan on high. A bit OCD? Yes, yes I am. I am worried about v* everyday of my life in some way or another.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine is generally 4 but if I find myself in a situation where someone looks like they might v* or are actually v*g then def 10 and panic sets in and I'm instantly nauseous

At this point in my life I'm at about a 9. Hoping to get to a steady 5 or 6 once I start therapy and eventually end up at zero!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I would say that it is around a 4 on a nauseous day; other days a 1.It used to be a pure 10 all of the time, but I have spent years and years self-helping myself and my own anxiety my way, and I honestly feel like that is the best way. I'm obviously not over my phobia, but it has gotten WAY easier for me, and I hope it'll just keep getting better.

I was say about a 9 for the pat month. I've missed so much school, stayed up for nights at a time, isolated myself in my house for days at a time, etc. however I started taking Zoloft about a month ago and within the past week I've been able to control it a little better. might have to up the dose but I'd say I'm currently a 6

It's really hard to say because it varies for me.

On a bad day, it's a 9 and on a good day, it's a 1 or even 0. But, lately, it's been around the 4 - 8 mark because of winter approaching and such.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Daily is 7-8. I have to work with some nasty people at my job. They come in while sick. When I hear that someone at the office is or has been sick I go to a 10.
    I miss my old job... 😕

I can usually suppress it when outside, but when something "bad" happens (like hearing the words associated with it, someone saying they've been sick etc) I get suuuper scared. At worst I completely shut down and I get a weird feeling like I'm outside of myself. It's weird and stressful. So it can be everything from 5 to a 10 I guess!

On a daily basis - 1.
    When I feel very sick at home - 7 or 8.
    When I feel very sick in public - solid 10.

Honestly, my fear level kinda depends, but compared to some of the things I've seen here, I'd say maybe a 3-5 for me...
    Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.

Mine is a 10. I have severe contamination OCD as a result of my Emetophobia so that I am mostly housebound. I am scared of touching anything that has been handled by anyone outside of my immediately family including in shops etc. and think about it near constantly!