Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10 how bad is your emet?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1(just a little)

4 1.59%

5 1.99%

12 4.78%

13 5.18%

23 9.16%

20 7.97%

56 22.31%

66 26.29%

35 13.94%
  • 10 (worst)

28 11.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm about a 7 right now, but I was a 9 in July due to an IBS flare up. I have lost about 30 pounds this year - eating the wrong thing, eating too much, or feeling full will trigger n* and panic. My worst time is at night, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night.

It used to be worse for me. Last summer, i was really "sick". I never ate and i lost like 15 pounds (for my little 16 year old body, that was a lot) and it turned out i had really bad stress and nerves causing my stomach aches. once i calmed back down, i ate a lot more and gained the weight back (kinda sucks! haha) and now i usually am only back when someone i know gets sick, or tells me they are sick or my boyfriend/parents get sick. i'm not worried about any food though, so at worse i'm an 8 but usually i'm only like a 6 or 6 1/2
    I'm a 20 year old college student struggling with emet. Feel free to PM me or add me on facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I love meeting and talking to other emets

Last year my emet was about a 2, the past few months it's been about an 8. It's really bad when I feel s* which often happens from IBS. I get really bad when I hear of other people being s*. My neighbour is a real asshole and v*'s all the time LOUDLY and it wakes me up sometimes during the night. stupid alcoholic prick.

I have to say mine usually hovers around a 7 on a good day. I am ALWAYS thinking about it. I hate it. For those of you that have gotten some control of your fear, how did you do it?
    With school almost back in session, my fear is a 10!

i would say a 7 but sometimes it can get to a 8 or 9
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

I'd say about an eight at the moment... Working with
    animals has exposed me to a lot of v, unfortunately, but
    I'm able to handle it without a panic attack when cats do
    it most of the time now! I'll even clean it up when I'm
    feeling extra risky, haha.

My eating is so-so... I feel very uncomfortable eating
    things cooked by others or (especially!) in a cafeteria.

I've been worse in the past, so I'm just happy to be better
    than I used to be.

i'll be 8 maybe, coz now's the time when i feel worst
    but i'll give myself 6 at low time
    you won\'t know until you feel it~
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How bad is your emet?

Mines a 9 everyday. Because I have stomach issues so I freak out all the time. I hate it. I want my stomach issues and phobias to go away. I feel like I'm too young to feel this way. I hate going places, especially without my mom or dad, like school. I eat, but I always regret it. I'm on prozac but that just helps me sleep. I don't feel good right now so that's why I'm here.

I say 6 on average. Have had full blown panic attacks but also have moments where I don't think about it at all.
    Just remember to breath....

i say 7 , i have problem when eating with others.

Lately it's been like 7 or 8 cuz of these few hot and humid days. They really don't do any good for me and i usually don't eat as much when it's hot.

I don't have much of it anymore. Although I did run away from my bro when I thought he was about to be sick a few days ago. He chocked on water and coughed and it was my instinct reaction. That rarely ever happens now though.

7 because i dont get anxious all the time

Depends. I generally function pretty well with normal life in terms of my emet, but if I am in a possible v* situation (myself or others) it gets really bad. I chose an 8, to include my anxiety from the GAD and BDD; but it is so variable- anywhere from a 2-10 depending on the situation.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Sometimes its higher or lower, but on average around 5.

The worst thing about V ing isn`t just the mess & the horrid smell, i`s the feeling that you get with it, like your bodie`s been taken over by an evil force, & it`s almost like being possessed, I know that sounds crazy, but that`s how it feels to me. I have always hated the thought of losing control of myself, & being humiliated & degraded. that`s how V ting feels like.

I would say I am about a 8, I think about it always and eating is a problem for me, this season is very hard on me.

My emet is about an 8 or 9 my mom suffers with Gastro intestinal issues which leaves her nauseated all the time and I literally run from her and cant even help her when she's sick and I love her more than anything. It just that I am scared when someone throws up I hate to see it or hear the sounds and im also scared the person will faint afterwards , I know that sounds psycho but I really feel that way I hate this , I pray that Lord will remove it from me

I think I am a 9. I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum (extremely severe morning sickness) with 3 pregnancies. The last was 7 years ago. I was sick for 17 weeks with IVs at home with anti nausea meds. I had my husband get a vasectomy after our last son was born even though we want to have more babies. I want to have it reversed, but I am TERRIFIED of nausea and ........

I have fear of it every day. I always worry that something I eat will make me sick. If one of my kids says their stomach is the least bit upset, I won't eat and I have lots of anxiety. My husband has to care for them if they do get sick. I gag if I can even hear them. If I hear that a virus is going around, I don't even want anyone in my family to go out unnecessarily. I make everyone use Germ-X all the time.

When I have come down with a virus, I always end up in the hospital for dehydration.

I can't believe that fear of nausea and ......... have so much control over me that it has changed my plans for the number of children to have. I still want more children. I hope there is hope for me.

I would say about 8 at it's worst. I can function reasonably well but if Im in a bad mood or mindset it' is really easy for me to freakout v_v

i'd say a 10. it interferes with everything. im actually afraid to live.

My brother puked the other night and I slept on my trampoline.

In the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiegleek520 View Post
    My brother puked the other night and I slept on my trampoline.

In the cold.
    sadness

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    sadness

yeah, thanks for caring <3

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiegleek520 View Post
    yeah, thanks for caring <3
    No problem! I just hate to think of someone sleeping outside, in the cold, on account of this phobia.

Say I can't help but notice you've got just a few posts. Looks like you're new on IES? Glad to have you here, there are lots of folks who understand how this goes. Some of us are mostly over the emetophobia and just hang around to encourage others, and keep the discussion lively!

Sincerely,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    No problem! I just hate to think of someone sleeping outside, in the cold, on account of this phobia.

Say I can't help but notice you've got just a few posts. Looks like you're new on IES? Glad to have you here, there are lots of folks who understand how this goes. Some of us are mostly over the emetophobia and just hang around to encourage others, and keep the discussion lively!

Sincerely,
    David

new as of tonight

Mine is about a 2. The only way it has affected me in the past year is I close my eyes for vomit scenes on TV. Even if I feel ill I'm ok.

You may find these links helpful!

anywhere from 4- full on 10.

It just depends. but on average I say a 6.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I put myself at a 3 at the moment, it doesn't dominate my life but I am extremely uncomfortable in v inducing situations, and only have panic attacks when something actually happens. But after a panic attack I probably go up to a 7 for a week or so.

Spring through Fall when the virus outbreaks are low, probably a 2 or 3. Sometimes it doesn't even cross my mind.
    Winter probably about a 6 because I become more cautious with what I eat, touch, etc.
    When some close to me or in my house is sick it can get up to about a 9, but thats the only time it ever gets that intense.

Really depends on the circumstance for me.