Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The Application

I have an announcement to make...

By tomorrow, I will be going on a 5-day trip to different cities. The trip will be a college application, and we will be traveling to different cities, so each day we will be transported to different places, and the transport itself is... the bus...

As an emetophobic, I am very afraid of what will happen to me, cause by tomorrow morning, at 7:45 we will start moving, and the first trip will take 4 to 5 hours... I can't believe I chose to go. Now I'm very nervous... I have some medication with me, but I don't think it will help me... I have no idea about what horror will reveal after I depart my home town... I always wanted to travel, and I used to dream that some day I will go to America and live there! But I can't even go to a city that's 300km away...

I'm afraid I will get not only motion sickness, but also home sickness, as this will be from Monday to Friday! What will happen?... I have no idea...

I just wanted you to know that I am trying to get this phobia treated through traveling... before having emetophobia, I never got travel sickness, but now that I have, I'm afraid I will get nauseous... I will start losing my mind and won't even get on the bus... I'll remain in that city... alone and helpless... What will happen?

I've travelled lots, alpha - and nothing ever happened to me or anyone else. Try to enjoy yourself!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have fun! You will be fine!

take Dramamine with you to settle your nerves.

have fun!

I just returned home from that long trip. I visited the north-western cities of Romania...

I can't believe I went on the application... I was hoping to have panic attack and nausea, but instead nothing ever happened... I took anti-emetics called Emetostop. Its effect lasted for 24 hours, so I took one each morning, and the bus... was EXCELLENT! It was no cheap, petrol-using suffocating bus. I didn't expect to ride on a new comfortable vehicle... It even had music and two LCD screens! Heh... It appears I've been worrying for nothing.

I didn't have to look out the window to get balance in order to avoid motion sickness... everything was calm... It had air conditioner, nothing smelled bad and the trip was beautiful. I had the chance to see sights I never saw in a long time... the hills, the mountains, the landscape... all beautiful

Even though there were serpentines and it went uphill and downhill, I only got my ears "clogged" and it's actually normal. I had some nausea but not in the bus, it happened because I ate too many pizzas in the first two days, but I resolved that through self-control because I took that medicine. I also took a lot of mints during the trip.

So don't be afraid when traveling, just buy an anti-emetic (it's very cheap!) and use mints to build more saliva in your mouth, and don't be afraid if you drink, take some soft drinks and burp it all out. I was amazed when my first bus trip began, I was able to burp. I felt so relieved since then. Before going, I was nervous, but apparently, I was worrying for nothing!
    This means that I can now travel again, and I will have good times in the future. Someday I will visit Hungary, Germany, Italy, France and, when the time comes, America!

All I can say now is that I don't regret, I faced my destiny and didn't cower, you don't even have to face anything, just relax. The bus-trip is also wonderful, depending on the type of the bus. This new technology provides us with comfort, to avoid any motion sickness, it didn't vibrate much, our roads are now smoother and the bus has these pillows to make the ride smooth
    I'm very happy about this, thanks to the medications and the bus itself. I had a great time, and you all will, too!
    It is true, and believe me, you will regret most of your life if you refuse to go on a trip when you're given the opportunity. So don't be afraid! Take mints, soft drinks, and the anti-emetic of course.