Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone out there watch john and kate plus 8? I love it. I know it aires in
    US and Canada not sure about UK though. I watch it whenever I'm N*

I have watched some of the episodes. I know it sounds wierd, but I like the fact that they argue on television, because I think it shows that we're seeing the real them, not everyone pretending to be perfect. they won't show v* either--that's always a good thing!

I normally like that show but I was very disappointed when they showed one kid vomiting in a garbage can and the camera zooming in on him. I turned it off. I thought...geez I don't need to see all 8 of them doing that.

Anyway, normally I watch it and I think it's hilarious.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sage-I saw the same episode! I covered my eyes of course but then on a different episode Kate found one of the boys(the one with the glasses I think)after he had v* on his bed. There have been other episodes where they show one of the kids with a bowl next to them but usually nothing too graphic. Otherwise I love the show, its a kick.

Aiden is the one with glasses and he seems to be the one to get sick a lot, but I LOVE jon and Kate plus 8, how they cope I'll never know!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Actually the one when Aaden T* U* in the trash they don't show anything
    very graphic. Just him standing in front of it. I've never seen actual V* on
    that show but one time Zach on Little People Big (same producer) world
    pukes unexpectedly and I saw that.

I LOVE that show!! They are so normal I love it. They don't pretend to be the perfect family for the cameras.

Good to know about J&K+8....I shut it off when they zoomed in on the kid - before anything happened!

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jubidyjub
    On LPBW when Zach was sick, his dad was all like "might wanna try for the trashcan bud". And I was like no kidding, it's right next to you.

Anyway. I love Jon and Kate plus 8. They're so stinking cute!
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    I normally like that show but I was very disappointed when they showed one kid vomiting in a garbage can and the camera zooming in on him. I turned it off. I thought...geez I don't need to see all 8 of them doing that.

Anyway, normally I watch it and I think it's hilarious.
    That's just wrong, and not even speaking for us and emetophobia ... but because that poor kid is v-ing and having a camera crew there in his face. How embarassing and uncomfortable for him!

I've only seen one episode, there wasn't any v lol and it was pretty good.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I was just talking about this show on another forum that I frequent! And their whole thing was the criticism of it. I went to this site that's completely dedicated to slamming them. Or should I say HER. It's all about how horrible she is and how she exploits her kids for profit. Very rude! Don't people have anything better to do with their time?

It might be real tempting to go the reality TV route wit 8X diaper bills, 8X clothes bills, Dr. bills etc...the haters are ignoramouses that sit behind a computer and just like to trash people.

I've watched it once or twice...didn't really keep me interested. I guess once I have my own kids I'll feel different....but on another note I don't mind seeing v* on TV or from random people...my panic comes when either I don't feel good or my husband is v*ing...then I wish it was something I could just shut off.

Quote Originally Posted by jubidyjub
    I seen that one too! I was pissed off at zach for not doing it in the trash and I don't even live with him! lol

poor kid, that would suck to have to get s* because of his shunt.

I watch john and kate + 8.the one episode where all the little ones were sick and she had them lay down in the laundry room or whatever with those yellow bowls.

defiantly makes me only want one kid.i won't be able to handle 8!

i think they are pretty good kids though for being so young.they go to their time out space and stay there.

Anyone seen 17 kids and counting? i'd be damned if i lived in that house when noro hits them!

What episode does Aaden v*?

Quote Originally Posted by socitycourty
    I've watched it once or twice...didn't really keep me interested. I guess once I have my own kids I'll feel different....but on another note I don't mind seeing v* on TV or from random people...my panic comes when either I don't feel good or my husband is v*ing...then I wish it was something I could just shut off.
    Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL if we could just flip a switch and shut it off in real life like we can w/ the tv. I vote for this option lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I just got into this show...I love it. I really want to see the episodes where the kids were sick. IDK...I think it makes me feel better to see other people handle it so nonchalantly. Besides I would be curious how many of the 8 kids would catch it.

I've only seen it a few times and I dont like it. I think Kate is rude and very mean to Jon, she is constantly slapping him. She bugs me.
    Georgi

Yes, Kate really bugs me,too. I agree.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Funny huh? Very few people bug me with their complaining and rudeness but for some reason, she irritates me to no end so I dont bother watching it.
    Georgi

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    Good to know about J&K+8....I shut it off when they zoomed in on the kid - before anything happened!
    Ok, just watched this episode...they didn't show anything.

they never show stuff like that
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Yeah, they talked about it like "Then Aaden threw up..." and they showed him with the bucket. I thought for a minute they were going to show it but thankfully they didn't.

Those kids are so cute.

I think ALL the kids are adorable!!
    Georgi

I used to get annoyed by Kate, but after living in a house with ten other kids and my parents, I've realized that conflict is inevitable. you should see how much we argue at my house! It makes all the stuff they show seem more "real" to me because they don't pretend to be better than they are. Like the Duggar family--they are just too well behaved on TV. makes it not as believable.

One of the girls gets s* everytime she gets upset and they show her gagging/with a bucket but you never see the v*

One of the girls gets s* everytime she gets upset and they show her
    gagging/with a bucket but you never see the v*

Oh yeah I remember that! Those kids are definitely not emets lol

that's good to know...

I don't normally avoid any TV shows anymore but that show didn't have a lot of "literary value" (lol) I was just watching it for fun, but I thought at that moment that the whole episode would be kids vomiting in some sort of huge "vomitorium" theme....

But that wasn't what they did. Which is good.
    I'll watch it again sometime.

Did anyone else find it cute..when one of the boys got s*( maybe Aaden) and one of the little girls (alexis or leah) was over there saying that he was her buddy or something and when hannah went over she was like " don't, him t*u* on you" or something like that lol. they are so cute.

I wouldn't be next to my brother if he was s*.Every man for himself! haha.

I think kate is a little annoying along with someone else..I won't name names since its a child and that would be kinda messed up.

Edited by: xmdslatx

Oh yeah lol I found that scene on youtube here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUozNME0FYo

don't worry nothing's graphic