Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I usually eat a lot better when im at home by myself. when im goin through a bad emet period i just can't eat infront of others. my mind will go crazy. v* is the last thing i want to do infront of people and especially at someone else's house or in a public place. i feel less pressured when im alone and can finish my meal (at my own speed of course). Anyone else think that they usually eat better when no one else is around.

I usually have no problem eating alone or with anyone else but if I know I have been around someone who has been ill, I will not eat for fear I will get sick. Irrational I know but my mind gets irrational when I know someone is ill.
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eating in front of other people always made me nervous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Right now in a bad period of emet I can barely eat. And when I do eat I prefer to be at home. It is ridiculous because not eating makes me feel even worse...but it's a bad cycle

yes it makes u feel bad..especially when i get invited to other peoples house for dinner and stuff..sometimes they might think that i dont like their cooking or something..but its not that..its this stupid phobia.

What always keeps me eating is the knowledge that when you don't eat your immune system suffers dramatically, and your chance of contracting a s*v* increase three fold.

So no I can't say that I feel any different about eating in front of others because I know it's important for me to eat! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

I perfer to eat at my house. It doesn't really matter if I'm alone or not. But I feel nervous eating in a resterant because I'm afraid of getting sick and not being able to get to the bathroom. Also I'm afraid that someone else in the resterant will get sick. I would rather get the food and bring it home to eat.

When I had emet the thought of getting sick in front of people was HUGE for me, I perceived it as so humiliating, it was the root of a lot of my fear. It's a control issue and a matter of being overly concerned with others opinions and judgment, at least that was a large part in my case.

Jillian

Oh, I would like to be able to eat alone better. I will but only a little and something bland. That has been a big issue with my emet. My biggest fear about vomiting is doing it alone. I only want someone there I know well and knows my phobia and more importantly be able to help me through it without getting sick too. I really only eat good when I'm not alone and when I know i won't be alone for atleast 8 hours after or sometimes longer. It sucks.