Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just found out im 3 1/2 weeks-4 weeks pregnant!!! im very scared that im gonna get morning sickness.
    i have a two year old also, and i had no morning sickness with him, but im afraid im not gonna be so lucky this time. and plus, i didnt have time to panick when i was prenant with my first cause i was 12 weeks pregnant when i found out(over the mornig sickness period). any suggestions from moms???? any reassurance?? [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I thought generally later pregnancies tend to be easier than the first one(s).

i believe that is with labor!!!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I could be wrong. but I know there are many many products out there to help moms deal with morning sickness. I haven't ever been pregnant, so i know what I say may not mean much, but I am sure you will be okay. It sounds like you aren't particularly prone to morning sickness, and whenever I've heard emets that are moms talk about their pregnancies, they said they either didn't v* or it was made easier to bear because of what they knew would be the end result. I can't imagine what it's like to be pregnant, but I know that no matter what happens as far as morning sickness, the end result is a baby.

I'm sorry, I can't tell you anything for sure, but I hope you get some good advice and that you do well throughout this pregnancy!

I know how you fell! (minus the pregnancy part lol)
    I want a baby so bad but I am so afraid of getting morning sickness and I am nowhere near getting pregnant lol.

Here are a few products you can try to help with the sickness if you get it.I'm doing research now so I can be prepared when I get pregnant in x amount of years lol.
    too much time on my hands.

threelollies.com
    birthingherbs.com
    morningsicknesshelp.com
    http://www.babysbliss.com/Products/T...s.aspx?product =morning-sickness-magic

Good luck and congrats!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Edited by: xmdslatx

I've been talking to folks on this website for about 7 years. Over that time, I've read hundreds, maybe even thousands of posts from pregnant women. NEVER have I heard of an emetophobe getting morning sickness and vomiting - unless they had the kind of phobia where they were ok with it. So if you're afraid, you may not feel well at all, but you won't vomit.

Check out the helpful post above with the links. There are lots of products and even prescription drugs for morning sickness.

Enjoy your pregnancy!
    (I'm a mom of 3)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ginger tablets are meant to be brilliant for morning sickness. I take them for general nausea and they help alot!
    Congratulations and good luck!
    [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ask your doctor about Zofran, or another anti-emetic...I've heard of a lot of emet-moms who have taken Zofran and it is supposed to be pregnancy-safe! Good luck! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

I'm seventeen, so I don't know how much help I can be, but I will say if you didn't have any trouble with the other two, you should be okay. Just try to stay calm.

How are you doing these days?

i have two children and i didnt get morning sickness with either *touch wood* i am also going to start trying for a baby in March and i am worried but before hand i am going to go and ask the doctor for something to take just go see your doctor. and the more you worry the worse you will feel xxx

Congratulations! You may not get any MS since you didnt have it with your first child. If you do, there are so many options available to moms now than when I had my children. Kind of irritates me really. I had MS with all 5 but only n*, never v*. Dont let this fear ruin the joy of being pregnant and expecting a new child into your family.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Congratulations! Please keep us posted on how you are doing. My husband and I are currently trying so I may be in the same boat soon.

You might also try Sea-Bands. It's a pressure point band that goes around your wrists. I have used them for general n* in the past. They don't eliminate my n* completely but I do think they take the edge off to where I am not so panicky.

hmmm........ well, tuesday morning, i had thick "lugieish" stuff in my throat and when i coughed to try to get it up, i gagged a little. it wasnt too bad cause i wasnt n*. but every morning, i feel like im going to gag, but i havent gagged and i havent really been n*. its different. i got the sea sickness bands and i also got zofran from my doctor. i doubled up just in case!!!Edited by: afraid213

First of all, congrats on the pregnancy!! A new baby is always a blessing.

As far as the morning sickness goes, I have 2 little ones of my own (4 year old daughter and an 8 mos old son). I never v* with either one of mine, during the pregnancy or labor (and I had to have a C section with my son. I had the best doctor ever and he knew all about my phobia. I had Zofran and Phenergan during my pregnancy (both of which are deemed safe for pregnancy). And during both of my labors, I had a standing order for Zofran every 4 hours regardless of whether I was nauseated or not. And I posted about this the other day, but you HAVE to get a Relief Band. They run around $100, but are TOTALLY worth the money. And they run on batteries, so even after your pregnancy, you can keep it for those times you don't feel so well. You can find one on Ebay. These things are AWESOME. I still use mine when I get n*. Also, the times I did get n*, Chik Fil A lemonade works wonders!! Good luck and enjoy this time!!

hi congrats on your pregnancy, hope you are feeling well. i have 2 daughters , so been through 2 pregnancies. unfortunatly i had bad evening nausea on both up to 14wks, but never v*. on my first after this time i sailed through after that and had cs, no problems at all. on my second after the 14wks i felt fine although i had 2 bouts of v*bug..at 27wks and at 35wks. believe me it was awful. i will never forget it in a milllion yrs, having this phobia as well as carting myself and big belly off to the loo every hour!! a wk later at 36wks , my waters broke and i went into labour 17hrs later!(i had cs planned for 38+6wks!) my daughter was born by quick cs at 5.35am and weighed a tiny 5lb11oz (19hrs after waters breaking!)!!! to this day i believe the trauma off this bug lead to me going into labour early!!!
    looking back now it sounds hurrendous and i wonder how i got through it! but when i see my daughters smile every day, it pales into the background and makes it all so worthwhile. although i have to admit that now they are 6 and 2, my phobia is on high alert all the time, but thank god they are hardly ever sick. i have a fantastic husband who lets me, in the event.....RUN AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE!!!!!
    good luck with this baby and hope you cope well xxxxx.
    life is tough sometimes....to love me you have to understand me
    !