Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you brush you tounge?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • allways

18 51.43%
  • sometimes

7 20.00%
  • once in awhile

4 11.43%
  • never

6 17.14%

I was just curious as to how many people brush their tongues while brushing their teeth. We were talking about this at work and it seemed I was the only one who never brushes their tongue. I don't do it for obvious reasons. I just don't feel the need to gag myself on a regular basis. But I was thinking that if I don't do it some of you might not either.
    My boyfriend brushes his tongue every time he brushes his teeth and gags LOUD every time he does it. It drives me crazy. He knows I hate it but he still finds the need to do it!Edited by: kellybeth

i do, but only the front half of my tongue. i can't go back any further than an inch or i start gagging

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do once a day. I've learned to kind of supress my gag reflex (from the tongue cleaning. geesh). I use like a tongue scraper thing though.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Brushing your tongue is good because thats where the bad breath comes from. I do it everyday but I hate the gagging feeling I sometimes get if I go back to far. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One of my pet peeves is bad breath so I brush my tongue too. Usually I don't go too far back but if there is noticeable plaque in the very back I brave it and if I'm careful I don't gag. I'm more grossed out by the plaque than the gag so it doesn't bother me really.
    Visit my handmade jewelry blog!

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

I should really do it more often.i am a dental hygiene freak though. i HAVE to brush my teeth everyday.part of the ocd.

i once woke up in the middle of the night and realized i forgot to brush so i had to go ahead and do it lol.

i don't tend to gag myself because i either do it at night or during the day (cannot brush my teeth in the morning or i gag)

lately at night my gag reflux has been a monster so i can't do it then either.

Use a tongue scraper instead of your toothbrush. The one I have is a long
    flexible piece of plastic with serrated edges and little loops at the ends to
    hold on to. Your hands stay out of your mouth (pretty much) and you just
    bend the scraper, place it as far back as you can and pull / drag forward. I
    have to go REALLY far back to make myself gag. It works great, especially if
    you are a coffee drinker. Mine came in a "bad breath kit" that included tooth
    paste, tongue spray and mouth wash. Don't know how I lived without it
    before.

for some reason, none of my parents or anyone told me u were suppose to brush ur tongue lol , so i only started brushing it for the past yearish.

i realised its quite white at the back, i try and brush there but i cant really do it too well, it makes me gag.

i can cover most of my tonuge though.

i can brush really far back on my tongue... and i never gag... is that
    weird? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I do brush my tongue. It makes my mouth feel much cleaner. My fiance ALWAYS gags loudly when he brushed his tongue, and he knows I hate it. Ugh.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

My boyfriend does the same thing, I get annoyed every single time!