Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

does any one have advice for a ballet dancer that will probably be in a
    company and going to med school? i want to be an obstetrician but also
    a pro ballerina...

issues.......

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

I don't mean to be harsh but it's definitely one or the other [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

My sister is in a similar situation with Vet school and opera singing, but what she did (if this helps) is she accepted Vet school and she's using it as a back-up for if the opera singing fails... She can't try out for the Sydney Opera School until she's 21 so she'll do Vet until then, and then hopefully transfer if she gets in to opera school.

But doing both at once would be quite impossible I think!
    Lauren xx

uggggh im in the same position ...Lawyer or Dj ? I have a B.A in crim justice at the end of this school year but Im so passionate about music that its not even funny ..its not about the money either I just want to enjoy my life cuz I only have one !

DJ!!
    .: tonight i\'m letting go :.

I'd choose OB...unless you plan on teaching ballet...because if I'm correct, pro-ballerinas don't last as long as OB's...career wise...

Would you rather dance or deliver babies? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by virgo_witch
    I'd choose OB...unless you plan on teaching
    ballet...because if I'm correct, pro-ballerinas don't last as long as
    OB's...career wise...

Would you rather dance or deliver babies? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    i dont plan on teaching but yes ussualy they retire WAY early. my
    problem is how to make med school a back up plan
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I would just do med school and dance for fun...it really is a one or the other thing...med school takes A LOT of energy and focus...and so does ballet...

Think about cost, too...how much is med school going to cost? Dance school?

As an OB, you're not exactly guaranteed a job, but you have a better chance of a job than a chance at getting in a ballet company...

BTW, I'm into art and have been drawing some ballerinas, and I've come across the term 'principal' on the net...what's it mean in ballet?

the principal is the main dancer in companies. in pro ballet you dont
    audition for roles most of the time. usually the director will cast you
    automatically.
    and pro ballet company doesnt cost money its the classes before im 17
    that count. from there your an apprentice or trainee.

btw i could never just dance for fun if i could be in a company.

ive been thinking of graduating early though
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

why don't you do the ballerina thing until your too old to do it, and then go back to school and become a doctor? It's never really to late, though it will be more difficult to study as your brain turns more and more to mush.

I agree w/ qpaulina42. It sounds like you are very passionate about both and since ballet is a limited time, maybe (depending on the scheduling etc which I have no clue about lol) you could take some classes and get your first 2-4 yrs of school done so that you have only med school left when you have finished your career in ballet AND also will have a Bachelor or AA degree so that if you've changed your mind about med school you will still have an education behind you.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin