Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: oh god yes

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • thank goodness no

8 57.14%
  • me dunno

6 42.86%

have you ever had food poisoning before? if so, were the symptoms worse than the sv*?

just for the record, i did put a
    yes" choice lol..i dunno why it didnt show.

No, you didn't. You made "oh god yes" the title of the poll and then entered two other choices.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL
    Lauren xx

gum dropper, are you like the poll police!

sheessh....

in answer to your question

Yes I have but I didn't V*
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

I don't see it on my computer lol.but then again, my computer is totally bi-polar.

i have and i would say the symptoms are basically the same but not as bad.

when i got it i felt n* about an hour or 2 after i ate it....but not n* like u feel like ur going to v*! then exactly 5 hours after i ate it...it hit me all of a sudden and i v* about 10 or 15 times in about 6 mins! but after than i felt perfectly normal again.

it was weird!
    and i wouldnt wish it on anyone
    be careful with eating chicken at restaurants!!!!

I have never had it but my best friend did. We went to a sea food resterant and ordered this huge plate to share. We ate of the same plate and ate all the same stuff EXCEPT for the crab legs. She was complaining about not feeling well as we left the parking lot. She took me home and went home herself. With in an hour - 2 hours after eating she became ill. She vomited every few hours for days. I felt terrible for her. But I was so happy that I hadn't eaten any of the crab legs. She later said as she was eating them they didn't "tast right" but ate them any way. Poor thing. Luckily she is not an emet. She was so sweet about it. She was so sick and she was still worried about me. She said she was glad she had gotten sick and not me cuz she knows of my horrible fear. That is why she is my best friend! I will never eat crab legs now!

has anyone else seen chef ramseys kitchen nightmares?..
    makes me not wanna eat anywhere at all! ewwwww
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth
    She said she was glad she had gotten sick and not me cuz she knows of my horrible fear. That is why she is my best friend! I will never eat crab legs now!
    WOW.that IS a good friend! i don't know of anyone that would make a comment about dodging a bullet like that.

Im glad i don't like seafood lol

Quote Originally Posted by icicledreamz
    has anyone else seen chef ramseys kitchen nightmares?..
    makes me not wanna eat anywhere at all! ewwwww
    is that the same show as hell's kitchen?

that show just proves that i cant trust eating out lol.the chefs are so rushed for time they might cross contaminate or not cook the food all the way

Quote Originally Posted by xheartsxoliviax

sheessh....

OMG heartsxolivia that totally cracked me up..I couldn't stop laughing!!

Small things amuse small minds I guess..I probably need to get out a bit more[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Anyway yes I have had fp* once ( I won't say what it was from because it was from a fairly popular thing & I wouldn't want anyone else to turn off it like I have now [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] )

I started to feel very s* about 1/2hr - 1hr after having it & had very bad pains in the stomache. I only v* about 2 times but it was different, it was very, very intense. As soon as I got it all out of my system I was fine.

yes i have, and i know it was fp* because it was a pizza that only me and my dad ate and we were both really s* from it. my stepmom and stepsister ate a different pizza from the same place and they were fine.

I had it one time from a frozen pizza that I had eaten at work, I went home feeling "off" and went to sleep, and then woke up out of a sound sleep to v*. Luckily the next day I felt better and ate again.
    Yuck tho. I have never touched another one of those again.

Yikes! I eat frozen pizza all the time. I forgot I did have food poisining once from frozen lemon pepper fish. I did not vomit but I had d* something terrible!! I felt sick for a day or 2 then it just passed.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar
    Quote Originally Posted by xheartsxoliviax

sheessh....

OMG heartsxolivia that totally cracked me up..I couldn't stop laughing!!

Small things amuse small minds I guess..I probably need to get out a bit more[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Anyway yes I have had fp* once ( I won't say what it was from because it was from a fairly popular thing & I wouldn't want anyone else to turn off it like I have now [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] )

I started to feel very s* about 1/2hr - 1hr after having it & had very bad pains in the stomache. I only v* about 2 times but it was different, it was very, very intense. As soon as I got it all out of my system I was fine.
    Why thank you! lol! It cracked me up but I had to say something! I think good things come in small packages though (its a positive way of looking at it)
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

Kellybeth, it was a VERY cheap and gross frozen pizza. Since then I have eaten DiGiorno and Red Baron...just not this other particular brand.

ughr this thread has totaly stricken fear into me, i don't know if i have had food poisoning or a sv before .

iv not v* many times atall in my life, i have terrible memories of battling nausea, panicking, and allmost wanting to cry though (especially below the age 14)

Quote Originally Posted by socitycourty
    Kellybeth, it was a VERY cheap and gross frozen pizza. Since then I have eaten DiGiorno and Red Baron...just not this other particular brand.
    whew..thank goodness lol.today was the last time i am eating pizza from a pizza place (just cant take the anxiety of worrying anymore)and wanted to eat the red baron pizza because it looks good.

i can only trust it if i cook it.and i only eat cheese now so hopefully there isnt much to worry about (plus i cook the f*** out of it lol

"i can only trust it if i cook it.and i only eat cheese now so hopefully there isnt much to worry about (plus i cook the f*** out of it lol"

That's funny. I ALWAYS over cook stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth

"i can only trust it if i cook it.and i only eat cheese now so hopefully there isnt much to worry about (plus i cook the f*** out of it lol"

That's funny. I ALWAYS over cook stuff!
    i rather it taste slightly crappy from over cooking than taking a chance and me feeling crappy later lol

*touch wood* a 100x over.. no i havent xx

The last time i v* before this week was over 10 years ago and it was either a hot sausage roll i'd bought from a bakery in the morning (it was a bit tough on the bottom like it may have been reheated) or some mussels i had for tea - i've always blamed the mussels on the basis i do like a nice sausage roll, but i only eat them now if i've cooked them myself...

I too am from the cremate it to be on the safe side school of cookery [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] what's wrong with a bit of rubbery chicken anyway?!

(I've never touched a mussel since by the way...)Edited by: paulinek

I have twice. Once from a local seafood restaurant and once from Peter Pan peanut butter (just before the recall).

The restaurant experience wasn't too bad -- v*only twice then felt ok but the peanut butter -- I had green d* for a week and my stomach felt off the entire time -- thank goodness for anti emetics like phenegran!!!

In any event, I lived through both experiences without incident (still terrified of OTHERS being s* though).

I had it once from a Krispy Kreme doughnut. My boyfriend's friend worked there and he'd bring us like 3 dozen of the "off" ones. Or ones that were fairly soggy or only got glazed on one side. I didn't like to eat them because I was afraid they would make me sick but I was so ravenous one day that I ate one regardless. Needless to say, I v*d that night and felt unbearably nauseous the rest of the day.
    Crayon

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek
    i do like a nice sausage roll, but i only eat them now if i've cooked them myself...
    I spent two summers in the UK and I LOVE sausage rolls. We don't have them to purchase here in the US. At least not in my town. Lol could you tell me how to make them?
    Crayon

I'm not sure. When I v* two years ago, I had been at my grandfather's home who has a sv. But then I ate taco bell which also seems to give me d*. So idk