Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: have you ever tried it, did it work?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • tried it but didn’t work

3 13.64%
  • tried it and it worked

4 18.18%
  • tried it and works sometimes

6 27.27%
  • never tried it

9 40.91%

How many of you use the pressure point on your wrists/arms for n*?

I actually have done this twice while feeling really n* due to anxiety and it worked!

i was actually amazed that it did work.I haven't tried pepto in a few weeks and I think that that will continue if this keeps working.

It usually helps me within 20 seconds to 2 minutes.everyone should try it.

i have done it a few times, and it has worked at times. There is also a spot under your nose that works actually everytime for me. if you hold out your index finger on its side and press right above your lip, it helps. Granted when you let go it stops working, but when it has been really bad its helped
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

interesting, i have heard of it, but not tried it, interesting to see some one trying it and it works!

i don't know where to press though, can some one illustrate how?

I've tried it but it only works if it's anxiety not a virus
    The girl who nobody knows, they only see
    The girl who is only half way pretty and doesn\'t care
    The girl whose following her one true dream, when nobody\'s looking...

jubidyjub Oh yeah, I have only tried for anxiety and normal n*.Hopefully I will never have a virus to try it on!

kyle1989,
    click here

Never mind the pic with the big red dot on it.I believe that one is not correct (as the rest show)

never tried it because i havent realy heard about it.. thats somethign new to try now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wore Sea-Bands all through all three of my pregnancies. I was horribly, debilitatingly nauseous in all of them (got worse each time, but wasn't helped by the fact that I had other small children running around when I was feeling sick the next time around). I wouldn't say that for me either using Sea Bands or pushing on the pressure points, which I did manually whenever things got really, really bad (like the time I was waiting for a dog tag to print at Petsmart and it was at one of my very bad times of day and I started to feel like I was going to barf and pass out!), but it was part of a whole package of things that kept me from doing the deed. While pregnant, I combined using the pressure points with promethazine and Zofran, used these as needed to be able to minimally function and be able to eat enough to nourish myself and my baby.

Pressure points are definitely worth trying--can't hurt and might help.