Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Giving Blood...

So i am a senior in highschool, and tomorrow we are having a blood drive. You have to be over 17 and at least 110 pounds, which i cover, and for some reason i signed up! now i am starting to freak out, i really dont like the sight of it, but most of all i dont want to pass out or v* from it. people have told me to drink a lot of fluids before and have something with suger, does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Also, i believe that they collect a pint, does anyone know about how long that will take? I am not a huge fan of needles, even though i do have a tattoo.
    Anyways, any suggestions or tips, w/e would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Erin
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

the last time i tried to give blood, the woman there must have been new because she couldn't find a vein. she kept digging around in my arm until i screamed at her to stop and i left. from what i saw, it takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes. if i were able to donate i would have been able to fill the bag probably within 8 minutes. my blood flow is really fast. when i was pregnant i filled 5 vials within a minute. if the blood drive is being done by the Red Cross, they will have juice boxes and cookies ready for when you're done. you have to get up really slowly because you'll be dizzy. do you have good veins in your arms? i have to have my blood taken from the back of my hand. if you have good veins then it won't be too bad. once the needle is in for probably a minute or two you won't really feel it anymore.

definately make sure you're hydrated and you have something in your stomach. it'll make everything easier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks! im not sure if my veins are good or not, i had to get blood drawn once, and they found it ok.
    It is done by the red cross! haha yay free juice and cookies lol. And i get to miss some class time
    Thanks for responding!
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

If you had your tattoo done recently I am not sure they will take your blood
    anyway? I think it might rule you out if you had it within the last year.

That is true about the tattoo. I was always turned down because I kept getting new tattoos LOL

Ha yeah they didnt take me, which was kind of annoying cause i had been working myself up for it. But oh-well
    So i was working there tho, and i saw a girl v*.
    It was terrible
    But i got thru it.

AIM = burnbaby1017

omg..did she v* from getting her blood taken? that sucks.