Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: How Long??

So I know there are numberous posts relating to this topic but, I feel it is just easier to get a recent update. My question for everyone is when was the last time you actually did v* and did it continue or was it just a one time thing. How did you feel afterwards? Does it ever get easier. For instance sometimes I get so fed up with the fear of this problem that I just feel like it would be easier to get it over with. Has anyone had an experience v* and it helped their emet? Just wondering. Thanks everyone!!

It is a bit hard for me to talk about just because i dont want to ruin it or w/e even tho i dont believe in jinxes or w/e.
    Last time i v* was in july and afterward like right after first of all i felt a whole hell of a lot better, but i also thought that i would be cured because i realized it wasn't so bad. But after that oxymoronic euphoric state i was in, my stomach started to hurt again and i was scared all over again.
    That is how it has always been since i have had this phobia (almost 10 years) and i have had 3 sv*s in that time.
    I too wish i could just say ok i am done with this, but i am afraid at least for me it doesn't work that way.
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

Well I am sorry to have asked you to talk about this. I too a the same way, i feel like I might jinx myself if I talk about it. But it has been 7 years since I have gotten s*, I guess Im not that prone to it. (knock on wood). When you did se sv*s in the past 10 years did you ever try emetrol or any other medicines to help? Cause Im always afraid to take stuff but I wonder if they do help?

I reply to most of these polls and I'm sure most don't believe it, but for me
    it's been over 43 years - the last time being August 17, 1965, the day
    before my 12th birthday. I only remember the date because I had to stay in
    bed all day the next day on my birthday. I've had two kids since then and
    never a single day of morning sickness. I've been drunk enough a few times
    that I thought it might happen, but never did. I'm very careful about what I
    eat (although I'm quite over weight) and wash my hands regularly. I do still
    drink on occasion, but always under control now. I have even taken cruises,
    which I thought I would never do in my life just because of the sheer terror,
    but fortunately never even had a queasy moment. I hope all your streaks
    last as long as mine, and I hope I go another 43 years!

Danielle, the last time I puked was more than 30 years ago. I was nauseated and on the verge of puking for more than three hours, but I only puked once. I also think I could have fought it off all day if I had kept trying, but I basically gave up and let myself vomit. I can only remember puking three times in my life, and on each occasion it was only one upchuck.

I had been an emet for about two years the last time I vomited, and my immediate reaction when it was over (I mean the exact second it was over) was that I had been worrying about vomiting for two years for nothing.I can relate to the euphoric state that Erin mentioned. I remember very excitedly telling my family what had happened. But later that same day, I remember being very sensitive to the feeling in my stomach and worrying that it would happen again. So I guess my emet let up for only a couple of hours.

In the time since, I have only been close to vomiting twice. I was able to fight it off both times. When that vomiting experience was recent, I remember thinking that throwing up every two years wouldn't be so bad, but all these years later I've gotten very happy with never unloading my stomach, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to puke every other year.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I last v* i think 2 years ago (but i have JUST now started to wash my hands) it was 11:00pm, the first time was sooooooooo bad I v* all over the bed and my mom (sorry for that mental picture) but after that first time I went back to sleep and woke up exactly 30 min later did it again but made it to the bathroom (woo hoo!) and i specificly remember me saying, "oh thats not that bad" but after about 8 months my bad panic attacks were back so it didn't help at all. then I went to sleep woke up 30min later and didnt v* so that was it, I slept all day but that was it. I feel just like you! just get it over with! gawd i dont think I would mind v* if the nausea wasnt even apart of it DX

Thanks for all your responses. Its good to know that 7 years isnt that long. Although I keep feeling like my time is up, I guess spans can last alot longer.

Hope everyone stays happy and healthy!

Danielle

its been 7 years for me! i get my flu shot the earliest i can begining of october if my doctor wont give it to me i go to the nearest walgreens or somwhere else LOL and i do excessive handwashing watch what i eat ect..ect...i notice if i dont get my flu shot i tend to get it ive been getting the shot every year until 7 years ago someone told me that the flu shot is for the common cold and stupid me i didnt get the shot but got the s**v!!! but it is true it protects against the noro S***V mabe for the 7 years i thought mabe its becuase i get the shot i feel more at ease and tend not to get"psycologically in my head " but i just read into it and it protects from that people get your flu shots!!!LOL and you will be fine i can now leave the house,and know i wont catch it from my son knowing im safe and protected hope this helps! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

green_eyes... there is no vaccine for noro... the flu shot is only for a
    particular strain of influenza each year. catching noro the one year you
    didn't get the shot must have been a coincidence.

it's been 14 1/2 years for me (i was 6 1/2).

I haste to break it to you, but Lauren is right, the flu shot is for influenza not the "stomach flu" norovirus more correctly. That being said, I get the flu shot every year since I was a Junior in HS. Last 2 flus didn't make me v* but put me down for 1-2 weeks. Bad bad stuff, strangely not as bad as V* even once to me though.!

I vomited at my Grandmothers house when I was 12. After that the next time I vomited was 2 years ago at age 30. So it had been 18 years. I think I allways had emet but it really got worse when I got sick at my Gram's house cuz she freaked out and started yelling at me. Even though it was so long ago I can remember everything about it. It was terrible. But the last time I got sick at age 30 it really wasn't that bad. I felt sick when I woke up and so I didn't eat anything. So when I vomited it was just the juice I drank. I havn't had that kind of juice since.

I haven't V** in over 20 years. I have only done it twice in my whole life and that was before I was 10. I think that is why I have emet (bc I haven't V** in so long) and I HOPE when/if I finally do, I will be recovered! Not that I will do anything to rush it along!

I love love love to hear about the long streaks! 43 years thats amazing! I've probably had about 6 or 7 s*v* in my lifetime which seems like ALOT to me, the last time when I was 17(5 years ago). Because of my terrible record I feel like I couldn't possibly go as long as some of you, but it still gives me hope to hear about it. Thanks!

I cant agree more with you kspappas

I just passed my 24 year anniversary on Dec 9...ironically, the day this post was started!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

It will be 6 years for me next month. Ugh, I hate January for that exact reason!

The longest I have gone was about 8 years between ages 13-21. Then almost exactly 4 years later to the week, at 25, I got another sv*. (Hence why I hate January)

my last was January too Penny! A cursed month...