Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Where do you prefer to v

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toilet

44 45.83%
  • Sink

16 16.67%
  • Other

36 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you prefer to v*? I prefer the sink. I absolutely cannot stand the toilet. I cannot stand the thought of putting my face near a toilet, no matter how clean I know my toilet is. I also cannot stand the noise it makes when hitting the water in the toilet. I just can't do it.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I suppose I don't even have a true preference, having vomited only three times that I remember, most recently at age 10. Only one of those times did I ever purposefully point my mouth, and that was before I was emet.

I suspect that if I ever were to throw up, I would use the sink.

Overwhelmingly, people who have vomited a lot prefer to use the toilet.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would perfer the toilet. I think having to clean up after would just be terrible! But I would perfer not to vomit at all. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

If I was at home I would probably use the toilet, but if I was at work, at someone's house, etc. I picture myself doing it outside in the bushes or gutter or something- ALONE.

That's what my brain would tell me anyway LOL

Sometimes even thinking about it freaks me out tho.

As a small girl I was superstitious about the toilet, thinking the vomiting session would last longer if it was in the toilet. But I am more comfortable standing up by a toilet these days. Oh goodness, I'm making myself feel sick just writing about this.
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

...you aks the question where do you prefer to throwup like we do it all the time......most emets dont and a lot probably dotn even think about where the prefer to ...we just try to think of ways of it not to happen

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy
    ...you aks the question where do you prefer to throwup like we do it all the time......most emets dont and a lot probably dotn even think about where the prefer to ...we just try to think of ways of it not to happen
    Well, that's true, Punchbuggy. This question actually disturubed me. The thing is, we think about vomit and vomiting so much. Many of us obsess over it, some of us less fearfully than with a morbid fascination.

~Maddy
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

I am sorry if this question disturbed anyone. I was just curious. Of course, I prefer not to throw up at all...but when I absolutely HAVE to, I'd prefer to do it in the sink at my house. Of course, if I was somewhere other than my house, I would definitely want to be somewhere ALONE, maybe outside? IDK...i mostly stay home for fear of having to throw up anywhere.

P.S. I am from RI too!
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

I prefer to go outside. The last time i had sv, i v* while my friend was driving me home. Going on the side of the road really wasn't bad. It was just annoying that v* kept coming and coming. It was also dark outside so no one else could see me

Toilets are good in the way that you can flush and it's gone. no cleaning of sinks or having to run into it or dispose of it later. and it's alot easier to seal off the smell.

toilet. I hate the idea of v* anywhere else.

Outside - I just cannot do it inside and especially not in the toilet. When I had the sv before christmas even when i needed to d* if it was when i was feeling n* as well I had to go in the garden cos i was so scared of v* while in the bathroom having d*.

I did get caught out and dry heaved a bit over the toilet so I think I could do it if i absolutely had to like if i was at someones house, but I still think my first reaction would be to get outside ASAP.

(The last time I v* before that was over 10 years ago and I lived in a flat so couldn't get outside so had to do it in the sink)Edited by: paulinek

....forgot to add, yes the toilet probably is more hygienic in that you can just flush and that's it, i tried to get it all in a bucket (and failed miserably) but that bucket was then triple wrapped in black bin bags and went in the rubbish - there's no way I could have cleaned it and re-used it.

I bought a new reoplacement one from the same shop and this is how bad it is, I can't even look at that one now without feeling n* so I'm going to have to find another £1 shop and get one in a different style ha ha!

[GRAPHIC]

until i had food poisoning the year before last i had never v* anywhere but the toilet....but that night i was with friends so we had to pull over on the side of the road, and it was night time....thats prob the one time i v* that it didnt scare me as much!! the fact that your outside in fresh air plus when its night and u v* it goes down into the grass and u cant see it and the visual and the sound of it hitting the water are the worst for me! so if i get enough of a warning [i unfortunately dont with ms*] and have time to run outside i would deff choose outside over anywhere else!!!!

I always imagine toilet. I guess I like the idea that you can flush it down and it's out of sight forever.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

In my room, or in the living room, or somewhere else. Because right before v* I faint.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I prefer the shower. The noise of the water, coupled with the fact that I can just do 'it' and let it out is calming to me.

I'm scared of spitting up in the toilet... I associate it as 'scary' and everything.

I always think that I prefer a bucket -- then I run with the bucket into the bathroom - sometimes I use the toilet and sometimes I sit on the toilet and v* in the bucket. Not sure why.....

But never ever would I use the sink -- just for the sanitation factor.

Default Re: Where do you prefer to v*?

***********GRAPHIC*************
    Trash can!! Oh my GOD how could anybody throw up in the sink? It's not hollow enough! You'd see it and everything! Plus toilets have water and what if it splashes back up? I would much prefer a trash can if I had to throw up at all.

I never thought about it splashing back up... that would be doubly disgusting! I guess I'm going with my original answer of sink.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Toilet being cleaner & easier for me, you flush & it's gone will not much cleaning up. Buckets/bins make me more anxious. Yet once it happened outside on the grass & I felt calmer, yet was messier. I used to avoid the toilet but now that seems the best place for me.

Ahhh defo sink... in a wierd way Id like to be able to v* in a toilet, even though I dont want to v* at all... Ive NEVER v*ted in a toilet ***GRAPHIC***and I feel extremely sorry for my mum who has to put her hands IN the v*!!!! When it begins to clog the sink... awww she is such a good mum so me, I remember my last sv and somehow I couldnt let myself v* in the toilet, running to the sink is instinct... Ive also v*ed in a glass of water before as I couldnt get to a sink in time... gosh all of this makes me sound non-emetophobic, but I just like to tell them happily, it makes me feel better
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

Trash can for sure. If one gets sick in the toilet the sounds involved (without going into too much detail) are a bit louder and more disturbing to me. Hearing such "sound effects" would just make me feel sicker and worsen the phobia. A trash can with a easy-tie bag in it is perfect: muted noise + easy disposal. Once I'm done doing the deed I just tie the bag up up, and throw it into a main garbage can outside. Sounds gross, but it does make things a little less traumatic. Also, I am relieved to know that I am not the only one who has actually thought about this!!!
    "People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."

I voted other. I prefer to v* outside for some reason. I feel like a toilet is an invite to v* I have a habit if I feel ill to go outside to get fresh air. If it happens then I've got a spot to choose from if I sit in front of a toilet then I feel like I'm trying to make it happen. I dunno it's weird.

Actually I think my most preferred place would be either outside, kneeling on the grass, or in the shower, kneeling while the water hits me.
    And alisha27, I totally agree with you. It's not too weird, I feel the same way. But even if I just lean in front of a trash can, I don't feel as sick as I would if I leaned in front of a toilet. Oh well.

I don't know I'm terrified that if i did it in the toilet i'd get backsplash and the idea of doing t in the sink just squicks me out

Would absolutely HAVE to be toilet for me. So much cleaner and hygenic. Ugh, I could never use the sink again if I was sick in it. As for outside - only if I had to. I spend my life avoiding places where people have been sick - I'd feel a hypocrite if I did it myself. What if another emet saw it and got anxious? Plus, as others have said, with a toilet, it's gone. Anywhere else and cleaning becomes an issue and I don't have the stomach for that (or anyone else to do it for me)

Erm it's kind of wierd, but alone in my back garden. I assume I don't want to associate my house with anything so horrible.

Outside, or bucket.

I would rather v* outside. The toilet makes me even more nervous about it!