Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feel Wonderful

I know this has nothing to do with emet, I just figured when something special or something that makes us feel really good is inspirational. Everyone knows I had been a little down lately. My wife had picked up some tickets for me to attend a Cleveland Browns home opener against the Baltimore Ravens. My son always tells the joke that Daddy loves his Browns and him the same.

The truth is my grandfather loved them, so did my father. I latched on at age 4, and never looked back, the first American football game I attended was for the right to go to the Super Bowl in 1986, Cleveland vs. Denver, it was a part of history when John Elway beat the Browns with the drive. I had my little heart ripped out. The next year in Dever we lost in the final seconds again. It was one disappointment after another, the Browns kept me, my grandfather, and my father very close. We could be fighting like crazy, and I could scream GO BROWNS, and all was forgotten.

In 1995 the owner Art Modell, took his Browns to Baltimore and they became the Ravens, I had nothing during the fall, Cleveland was making money, he just wanted more, a tradition was destroyed. The National Football League offered Cleveland the team back cause they even thought it was dirty to take the franchise out of Cleveland, but it didn't happen till 1999. My grandfather died in 2000. He was sick for a while, he didn't get to see them come back, and my father hadn't watched a game since 1995 it just killed him, Baltimore went on to win the Super Bowl in 2000, and Cleveland had struggled ever since.

My wife bought me tickets right along the end zone wall, affectionately known as the Dawg Pound. I was dreading Sunday all week. The Baltimore Ravens were most people in the medias pick to go to the Super Bowl, and Cleveland was predicited to be total garbage. I even thought they would be trash. I went to the game Sunday, expecting Baltimore to roll all over us. The Ravens are a very mouthy group of individuals, and all week they ran their mouths, I was sure we were screwed.

As the game progress Cleveland played their asses off. I was screaming my head of with my friend of 25 years Matt, and as the third quarter winded down I turned to Matt and said OH MY GOD WE ARE GONNA WIN THIS GAME, and win big! I swear it was like my grandfather asked God for a personal favor, "You know let Stephen feel really good for once." The new quarterback for the Browns name is Jeff Garcia and when he scored the touchdown that caused this game to be a blow out, he came running towards the wall, and leapt in to the stands right in front of me, and I threw my arms around him.

[img]uploads/images/sbias/33F_Love.jpg[/img]

This image was on TV, and was all over various web sites, I wish I could find a better angle of it, I am the one at the top with my arms around his helmet, I know this sounds silly, but when he ran up to us, he leapt right at me, was looking right at me. Browns won 20-3, against what many say is the best team in the league hands down, they made them look stupid.

I haven't slept, I honestly feel like my grandfather was cheering me up, does that sound stupid? I so needed this. I am exhausted emotionally, but I can't sleep. I just thought I would share.

Matt is the moron in the glasses, I told him those things made him look silly NOW I HAVE PROOF!!!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Its good that you finally had a wpnderful day, you needed it after this emotional roller coaster ride, which is probably not over, right?

Sonia