Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Urgh. I hate emet. Today I was shoping and this woman in the shop who worked there had to call someone to take over so that she could 'go'. I bought a nice necklace! When I was paying the woman came back and said,

" Oh I felt so sick, I've just brought up some bile"

I'm so scared, I dont know if i'm going to get ill or not. The woman was walking all rond the shop so the virus if it is one wasin the air. hmm I'm trying to forget but its so hard.

Omigod! Izzy you are soooooooooo brave! That's great! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]I probably would have run right away, but you stayed, that's fantastic! Don't worry I'm sure it was a one off thing and not a virus. Go you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

think of it much as a triumph But I guess it was. Although I did leave pretty quick after I payed!!!!

That's defintiely a triumph! I think I read on here somewhere that in order to catch a bug you have to be ther when it happens or "ingest" it, neither of which you did! You should be fine!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I hate when people go to work sick. Especially when they are dealing with people and handling money. How stupid can you be?

[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Yes, yes, well done! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

Hey Izzy-

That's unfortunate that you had to witness that, but think of it this way: had you arrived 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes later, you never even would have known she was sick, and you wouldn't be worried at all. We are always casually exposed to sick people when we go out - we don't know they are sick, and a lot of times, they don't even know they are sick yet. And you NEVER get anything from that, do you? So, no reason to worry now!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

It sounds like the woman in the shop might have been drinking the night before! cuz usually if ppl are sick, then it is sick, not bile.

Tracy

Bile?

Kind of watery stomach acid I think.

<font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>

Ugh...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Don't worry hun she could have eaten something that didn't agree with her or maybe hadn't eaten at all which can make people feel sick as well. She could have been out drinking the night before, had a migrain (which makes me feel really ill, I fight it though) Heheh she could have morning sickness too.

Chances is she didn't have anything and the chance of you getting it from being just in the area is 0 to none.

You will be fine hun and you are SOOO strong for not running away as soon as you found out.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Bile is made in your liver and goes right to your small intestines, if it's in your mouth, you're some kind of disaster, go see a doctor, I'm sure they'd like to write a paper on it. Just a pet peeve of mine, totally off topic, lol.

Congrats on making it through that, just think of your necklace as a reward for being brave! There are so many reasons for a person to feel ill other than diseases. Maybe it was just a stomach acid problem, but she's worried about being sick in public so she went away just in case (like I would!).

May

WHOAH IZZY!!! I'm VERY PROUD of you!!!!! Good going, I would've left the place altogher without the necklace!!

I HATE when people say things like that!!! TOO MUCH DETAIL!!!

Like the others said, I am sure you will be just fine!

Be proud that you were able to stay in that situation and pay for the necklace!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt