Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i didnt v*?

It was the first time i ever gagged that seriously before.

it was a morning and i went outside with my dog.he left me a fresh piled present on the lawn and the smell made me gag so bad, my mouth was open and i gagged but didnt v*.

i had water that morning too.

also, before i had emet, i wondered what it would be like to gag myself to make myself v* (although i wasnt trying to make myself v* i just wanted to see if i could) and i couldnt get more than a gag out of it.

i hope this means i am not one easily to v*.

gagging is often totally unrelated to v*ing . (well, it's related, but a lot
    of times it doesn't precede it)

it takes a lot more than a gag to v*, especially on a strong stomach or
    a resilient mindset like we emetophobes have. i would say yes, you
    probably don't v* easily. some people out there have really week
    stomachs and actually DO v* when they smell something gross. i feel
    terrible for them.

Gagging is just one of the first steps towards v*ing. I brush my tongue with my toothbrush every day and often gag, but I know I won't v*. I can't even MAKE myself v* anymore.

Better answer forthcoming. :-P

From answers.com:

"If a mechanical stimulus is applied to the back part of the tongue or to the soft palate and the resultant motor response is unsuccessful in moving the food bolus or is unsuccessful in dislodging the source of the stimulus, then a gag response is elicited. Efforts at removal first increase, and then the movements are converted to those of expulsion. The soft palate is elevated (closing off the nasal airway), the jaw lowered, and the back of the tongue lifted followed by a forward sweep of the lifted part. If there is a continued failure to remove the source of the stimulus, retching and finally vomiting can be triggered."
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

This happened to me the other night when I was sick. Before I really started v* i gagged like 5 times in a row but nothing came out. It wasn't even a dry heave. My stomach felt like it was not involved in the gagging. It was really weird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

in my teenage years, i had a friend who loved to drink ( i wasn't drinker; but i loved to dance!) anyhoo...she would always get so drunk and at the end of the night she would make herself v* cuz she was nauseous...she did this all the time without hesitation. Is'nt it crazy how some people have no reservations about it...and others are terrified.

probably why i never drank...i saw what it lead to

i have often starved myself so much i feel ill then got myself into a HUGE panic and started gagging... and its hugner that can do it aswell as realy bad panic its so strange because it was the same with me i didnt feel it from my stomach it was all in my throat but i knew it was going to happen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.