I don't know if you remember me, but I used to come here for some time when my phobia was at its worst. I had it since my childhood and it became very severe after I had a sv 3 years ago. I stopped eating with my hands at all times, washed them like 25 times a day, wouldn't even touch my lips or nose when they're clean, didn't eat lots of food, lost about 20 lbs.. anyway, it was really scary.

I had an idea that it got so bad because of my relationship with a guy. I was with him for 7 years, we were engaged. If you remember, about 8 months ago I told a story about me cheating with a doctor and feeling so healthy while being with him. I had this feeling that my phobia was some kind of sign that I was stuck in a wrong relationship but I didn't think it actually was so.

Anyway, me and my fiance broke up more than 2 months ago. And believe it or not, since then I am almost a normal human being. I eat a lot of things I couldn't eat for years, I eat with my hands, I wash them only when I get back from being outside, I actually kiss my bunny, I can't even tell how happy I feel. Of course, I still freak out when I hear someone is feeling sick, but I don't runaway, I even used my friend's bathroom knowing she was sick a few days ago!

I just want to wish you all to be strong and never stop believing that you may get over your fear. Just try to find the reason and it may be the least expected one.