Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: how long?

does it take to come down with a bug? i have heard 24 hours, 36 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours. pretty much how long does ity generally take to feel ill? like i said i was told 4 different time ranges, and i want to know what it really is.

let me see if i can explain this question, if you where to get s* from someone and you where at there house at 1pm on monday would it be exactly thrusday at 1pm you start feeling ill or does it not work like that "to the exact hour?

I really have no idea. Sorry.

From what I have read the incubation period of norovirus is anything from 12-48 hours with the median (which i'm guessing means most common??) time being 33-36 hours.

I got this just now by googling and looking at the following website:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/...ovirus-factshe et.htm

I know you're really worried after being at their house this weekend but i'm sure you'll all be fine by now.

Other ones seem to just say 24-48hours and sometimes as little as 12.

its only been ALMOST 2 days, at noon today 2 1/2 hours it will be exactly 2 days since we lefttheir apt.

Only 2 1/2 hours of anxiety left!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I'm sure your not going to get it by now and at least you can go to bed tonight knowing you're okay which will be a hughe relief I'm sure.

Thats' the worse thing for me when i'm in a panic after possible exposure to something - during the day I can keep occupied it's going to bed when it really seems to hit home and set off panic attacks - too much time to lay and dwell on it I suppose [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

i still might worry a bit, because i head some people say 72 hours so friday afternoon/sat morning ill be more relaxed.
    so today i have snacked off and on, on crackers, i had 1/2 a nutra-grain bar, couple bite sized candy bars (im hungry) Ugh. but paranoid. every so often ill snack on a handfull of crackers but paranoid i still might get the sv and V*.. ohh god i wish i never ate anything now.Edited by: driftinggoddess

Not eating anything unfortunately doesn't make any difference - my boyfriend got it from me and started feeling ill at 6pm when he got in and he actually v* more than I did when I had it and he never touches any food all day and only eats one meal a day at about 10pm [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Although saying that, if i thought i'd been exposed i would starve myself too as i think the whole experience would have been slightly more bearable with an empty tum.

oh and another thing - i've never heard 72 hours for incubation period, i think it's 72 hours you can be infectious to others for after you were last ill.

1) What do you mean by "I was told". By whom? And why is an internet forum of random users more reliable than those 4 people, whoever they were?

2) It all depends on when you INGESTED the virus - not when you were in someone's apartment. IF you ingested it (and that's a big if) it will be 12-48 hours before you get symptoms. But it's hard to know when we come in contact with it and ingest it.

3)Right at the top of this section (Q&A) is a sticky post called "Get the facts about noroviruses - don't be afraid". Also on my website. It's as accurate information as there is

4) May I gently suggest that it is your anxiety that continually forces you to ask these questions when you know the answers anyway? This is very common. But honestly hun, the best thing to do is not to come here anymore and just go on living your life. There's no need to be anxious unless you start to get sick. What will your anxiety over how long since you've been where accomplish?

(Of course I'll understand and totally respect if you want to stick around.)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

found that info on the internet and asked in yahoo answers