Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, if you couldn't tell from the subject I'm new to this forum. This fear isn't new to me but the realization that I have it is rather knew. My whole life I've been terrified of becoming ill but never put two and two together until recently. Once I figured out that I was terrified of v* I saw how, throughout my life, my bouts of panic and anxiety were results of this fear.

After realizing I had this, I searched online about it and found this website. I've been lurking about for the past month or two because when I feel panic settling in, reading people's stories and knowing others have the same fear alleviates some of my panic. I finally decided to join because being able to communicate with others who know and understand this fear is an invaluable tool in conquering it.

Some things about myself. I'm from the US. I'm 22 and a male. I'm as thin as a rail because of my fear/lack of love for food. I've been out of work and school for six months now because of this fear. I have two loving and supportive parents who help me as best as they can even though they don't fully understand the situation.

That's about it. I look forward to discussing with all of you and hope I can help some others while I try to help myself.

Welcome! I hope you find as much help and support as i have on this site. Its wonderful to find out your not alone in your struggles with this phobia.
    Im 20, and also have been out of work for about 5 months now..it is hard for people to understand this fear when they do not have it themselves..but now atleast you have this site to turn to when your feeling down. Goodluck!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

you will see that this site will help a lot!! im so glad i found it and have gotten the support of so many ppl on here!

its hard to have a fear of something thats so normal to everyone else...my parents [like yours] dont fully understand this and even tho they say i annoy them complaining that i feel nauseous a lot...they do the best they can!

i am also from the us. im 19...female. i also have been out of work for a couple months now bc of this fear.
    and honestly people dont understand how hard it is for people like us to even go as far as leaving the house when we feel nauseous!!

but everyone on here has helped me through some hard times and it makes me feel good when i can do the same.....welcome and im here to help when i can

Welcome. This site helped me a lot. During times of panic, I've had this site to come to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.