Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I come home from the doctors office today (like that isn't hell enough)
    and start to clean up a little around the house. Hubby tells me that a
    couple friends are coming over later for a bit - no big deal. Well - they
    get here early, come in, start talking...blah blah. As I sit down to eat my
    lunch I overhear one of them saying how they spent all day yesterday v*
    and so did his sister - within about 2 hours of each other. Great. Said he
    feels alot better today though. Then he excuses himself to my bathroom
    and proceeds to have some d* and said he still didn't feel that well but he
    wasn't gonna v* again.

I AM FREAKING OUT.

When he walked in the door (when he first got here) I hugged him and
    asked him if he had a good Christmas and now because of that I've
    decided I'm screwed.

All I did was hug him......am I going to catch this, guys??? I'm in such a
    panic over this that I've now got a headache and had to lay down.

I realize I have to clean my bathroom but what do I use? Just straight
    bleach????

Guys, please help me. He insists that it's fp* but he spoke with his mom
    while he was over here and she suggested it might be a virus since some
    of his cousins had it last week.

HELPPPPPPPP!

I am really sorry to here this. just keep washing your hands a lot and try not to get into a panic. from what i understand, you shouldnt be able to catch it from hugging someone. The fact he went to your loo isnt great and i can understand your concern, but if you cleaned it then hopefully you will be fine. I assume you are avoiding touching your face etc unless you was those hands...wash your hands like it is your job and try to take your mind off it. I really hope everything is ok. xxx [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

yes bleach would be best. wear gloves. tie something around your face as well. i would anyway! and throw away EVERYTHING you use to clean, and dont touch anything you used with your bare hands. Then just be EXTRA vigorous on the washing hands thing. Good luck xxx

thanks for your reply!! i know you can't catch it from just hugging
    someone but what if some tiny v* particles were in his mouth or
    something and then got on me?!?!? ugggghhh. i haven't touched my face
    at all and have washed my hands atleast 5 times since he left. i've also
    changed shirts for whatever reason and refuse to clean the bathroom. im
    making hubby do it since they were his friends. :[

the thing is, i don't want either one of us to catch it. ive gotta lysol the
    whole damn living room and everything - including doorknobs. i swear -
    i was doing so well until this had to happen today.

is there a possibility that i can catch it?? im so nervous that i refuse to
    get out of bed or eat and my husband is getting just a tad angry with me.
    *sigh*

Some people are just plain inconsiderate. Fancy going to someone elses house when you are sick. People make me really mad. Seems like you've got it sussed tho, lots of cleaning, washing hands etc. Try drinking some hot water with apple cider vinegar in it once a day for a few days - it works great to kill off intestinal germs. Also someone told me oregano oil is fantastic for clearing up n*, v* and d*, if you can get hold of some.

Keep strong

Yeah..pretty clever huh? You guys should've seen the look on my face when he started talking about it. I was RIGHT in the middle of eating my lunch. Needless to say, I just quit eating and went straight to my bedroom. I sent hubby to the store to buy a whole slew of cleaning products. He got Lysol and Clorox for hard surfaces. I sprayed the &%*^ out the bathroom and doorknobs and everything else. I mean everything was DRENCHED. I was so panicked I didn't know what to do so I just stayed in bed the rest of the evening. Now today I feel like total crap (of course!) and will worry for the next 3-4 days about catching it. I REALLY need some reassurance you guys. I've been washing my hands and everything. Am I going to be OK?????? All I did was hug him.....

UGH.

I think u will be fine...panic is the thing that makes u feel the most sick. Everytime im stressed or nervous...right to my stomach. Just keep up with the good hygiene and u should be fine. And make hubbby do all the cleaning, since it was HIS sick friends that came to the house. I'm so glad my huz doesn't havent a lot of friends...whew

you're darned right he cleaned the bathroom! :]

he came and told me after he sprayed it down so i went and checked. you know you have to check behind husbands - they dont know what they're doing - and he hadn't even hardly sprayed anything. i politely took the bottle of cleaner and proceeded to flood the damn place. he looked at me like i was nuts but oh well. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

thanks you guys. for everything...*sigh*

only 48 more hours to go. i need a hug :[

**(((hugggg)))** for you kittygoesrawr!! u know, i just got up and did my rounds with the lysol at work. Hey...anyone here who knows me, knows i don't mess around with germs. I quietly get up and drench the doorknobs, phone, copy machine and my unit, even tho no one uses it but me! better to b safe than sorry, i can't afford to miss work, that gives me anxiety too...ugh, remember when we were young and had no worries (im only 29) BUT STILL...NO FEAR. If i could only have a bit of that back!