Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey guys! I posted a couple of times before but vanished. I am having a little problem. My boyfriend's mom is going to California for a while and my boyfriend is probably going to be the one taking her to the airport. Well...the last time we took her to the airport i was very very ill and v***d for two days straight! Of course, being the wierdo i am i cannot go with him to drop her off this time because of that. He said that it is going to hurt his mom's feelings and i dont want him to tell her about my fear because im scared she will turn it into a big joke....because she does that about everything with me.....like how i cant cook. So yeah.....should i tell her.....should i suck it up and go.........should i just say i cant? lol......please help....even though i know this is wierd.

Thanks![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Its not weird at all...I would be scared to. BUT I think you should go..it would be good for many reasons. It would make you b/fs mom happy..as well as your b/f..and...if you go..and get through it ok and arent sick..you will have faced a big fear and proven that you wont get ill everytime you go to the airport!!

it wont be easy..and you will probably be panicy...but thats to be expected! If Im scared and I have to go somewheres i really dont want to I make sure I have a bottle of water to sip..maybe a snack (somehting bland like crackers) and mints! if its a fairly long car ride I try to keep talking to who ever Im with..it gives me something to think about. I also try to keep the raido on too!

you should go..if you do you will feel really good about making a triumph!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Yeah! Go for it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go for it chickee!!!

I have faced the fear recently on a trip to IKEA which is about an hours drive minimum and it has helped me a lot. Take some mints, keep the chat going with your b/f mom so the time flies. Oh and hey if you can drive that will help as well. I take the wheel or switch half way and it helps.

You can doo it!!!

Oh and by the by I think that your b/f's mom would be considerate of your condition. It os one thing for her to make fun of the cooking. That is never an uncommon occurance. When and if you decide to tell her.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I agree, you'll be fine! I am the queen of associating things w/ getting sick so I completely relate! But once you go and do it you will be so proud of yourself! Last time you were sick that is why. On that day you obviously traveled in a car, you still do that right? You slept in your bed that night, you do that still right? You may have sat in a certain chair or on the sofa and you still do that so if you can do all that and not get sick againt hen why would you by going to the airport? A virus made you sick, not the airport, keep reminding yourself and you will get thru it. Maybe you could tlakw / your b/f and have him being extra supportive that day? good luck! Be proud of yourself just for considering it!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kmarie

Its not weird at all...I would be scared to. BUT I think you should go..it would be good for many reasons. It would make you b/fs mom happy..as well as your b/f..and...if you go..and get through it ok and arent sick..you will have faced a big fear and proven that you wont get ill everytime you go to the airport!!

it wont be easy..and you will probably be panicy...but thats to be expected! If Im scared and I have to go somewheres i really dont want to I make sure I have a bottle of water to sip..maybe a snack (somehting bland like crackers) and mints! if its a fairly long car ride I try to keep talking to who ever Im with..it gives me something to think about. I also try to keep the raido on too!

you should go..if you do you will feel really good about making a triumph!!!

Very well said!!! I say go too needhelp02!!

I do the same thing with my associations with being sick, and once I conquer them, I feel so free and powerful!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt