Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i have heard everywhere that lysol does nothing to kill noro yet i found this

"Disinfect Surfaces -- Routinely clean and disinfect contaminated surfaces, especially after an episode of illness. The CDC recommends using a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectant to help prevent illness and control a norovirus outbreak. LYSOL(R) Disinfectant Spray is EPA-registered and helps kill 99.9% of germs on commonly touched surfaces, including norovirus"

I then found this on the lysol website and it doesnt even mention killing noro on the list!

(lysol is suppose to kill)
    Virus Claims
    Poliovirus 1
    Rotavirus
    Influenza A2
    Influenza B
    RSV
    HIV (Type 1)
    Hepatitis A
    Vaccinia
    Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Types 1 & 2
    Rhinovirus
    Parainfluenza 2
    Echovirus 12
    Cytomehalovirus (CMV)
    Bacteria Claims
    Enterococcus faecalis
    Staphylococcus aureus (Pen. Resist)
    Staphylococcus aureus
    Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
    Staphylococcus epidermidis
    Streptococcus pyogenes
    Salmonella choleraesius
    Salmonella paratyphi
    Salmonella schottmuelleri
    Salmonella enteriditis
    Shigella dysenteria
    Pseudomonas aeruginosa
    Pseudomonas putida
    Serratia marcescens
    Pseudomonas cepacia (also called Burkholderia cepacia)
    Neisseria elongata
    Listeria monocytogenes
    Klebsiella pneumoniae
    Escherichia coli (E coli)
    Escherichia coli 0517:H7
    Enterobacter spp VRE
    Enterobacter aerogenes
    Corynebacterium diptheriae
    Protesu mirabilis
    Proteus vulgaris
    Campylobacter jejuni
    Mycobacterium tuberculosis var. bovis
    Fungus Claims
    Candida albicans
    Aspergillus niger
    Trichophyton mentagrohytes (A common cause of Athlete's Foot)
    Controls & Kills common mold and mildew

??? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] ???Edited by: xmdslatx

I know what you mean. I have two lysol bottles at my house right now, two different scents. One of them lists norovirus on the list of viruses it kills, the other doesn't. I can't find a difference between the two except that one of them doesn't list noro! I also have the mini lysol spray that I carry in my purse, but it doesn't mention noro either

Well on the Lysol site I found answers and they are not good.

"There are currently no disinfectants listed with an approved efficacy claim against Norovirus." http://www.lysol.com/germ-informatio...erm-basics/ind ex-of-germs/norovirus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that's not good laylamommy so i guess bleach is the only thing that'll kill it
    The girl who nobody knows, they only see
    The girl who is only half way pretty and doesn\'t care
    The girl whose following her one true dream, when nobody\'s looking...

When my family had various versions of noro I used Lysol because it was really the only good cleaning supply we had (other than comet, which I used on the Bathroom). Maybe I got lucky because the only one who had really gotten sick was my sister and she ceased sickness like 3-4 days after I got home, but I never got it from any of them (not even from my brother, who had a one-off with it then morning I came back).

It doesn't list it, but I think it can still help. It worked for me, but like I said, I may have been very very lucky.

i heard that colorox is better than lysol because it has bleach in it and bleach kills everything...i dont know how true it is...but i wouldnt stop using the lysol!!!!!
    ****Lauren****

The new lysol does

my dad bought me a tub of lysol clorox wipes but they say that they are bleach free [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] he tried though lol.

There's a lot of discussion about what may kill norovirus and what doesn't. Bleach is definitely the disinfectant of choice where it can be used. It definitely kills noro in concentrations of 1:10 with water or greater. I'd think a spray bottle with a solution of 10% bleach out of the bottle and 90% water EG 900Ml of water and 100Ml bleach would be great for disinfecting hard surfaces like counter tops, toilets, basins, etc. anything it won't destroy. Just don't breathe it in since its very irritant to your nasal tract.

Lysol is a confusing one. Some of the solutions kill norovirus, but only the industrial ones. I think it depends where you are in the world what kind they sell to the public. Bleach mixture is simple, easy and cheap. And it's a sure thing.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.