Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

In the past I haven't even been able to be around children. I now babysit twice a week, I work in the childcare room at my gym, and I've been working in the nursery at church. I'm trying to gradually overcome what triggers the fear. Working with kids is a GIANT step for me. Any one else?
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi, I work with children in a hands off kind of way!! I am an administrator at a nursery school, so around children all day. I hug them and chat with them at snack time. However, I have had two horrible viruses this last term, one gave me d* for a week and one made me dry heave for a week - it was truly awful!! But I do cope reasonably well when a child v*s, so it is helping I think. Plus it gets me out of the house - I could easily become house bound, particularly as I don't drive at the moment and have to rely on being driven - my worst nightmare!

Slowly, slowly we will get thru this.

I have worked with children for the past 4 years..and before that I babysat all through grade school/high school. I currently do daycare from my home.

I used to have a job cleaning the day-care at our church every night. I probably went 10 years or more without having the stomach virus, until I started working there. Then I caught the virus shortly after working there and had to quit. children carry so many of these viruses!