Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It has been awhile since ive posted....but I am having a SUPER bad day with my emet. I am on the verge of tears because i am trying not to freak out but i cant help it.

Me and my fiance left Florida to move back to Massachusetts Monday. Well on our way I Called my mom to let her know we were doing ok on the road. Well she informed me that my sister in law and brother both had a *sv and were V* all day long. Then she told me that the baby had it on the saturday previous to them getting it and she said they must have gotten it from him. Well she being the super grandmother she is she went and got the baby for a few hours on Monday so they could rest and not have to worry about the baby. I told her that she was going to get it but she kept reassuring me she wouldnt. Well she went over there for awhile yesterday and she was fine all day yesterday and this morning before she went to work. Well we got here last night at 1230 and she got home early from work because of the bad snow and now she is upstairs and has been V* all afternoon. IM FREAKING OUT....i am so scared i am going to get it. I am so full of anxiety and nerves that i am making myself feel awful. I know how i feel is all in my head and keep telling myself that if i stay far enough away...i havent been in to close of contact with her today and that if i wash my hands and dont touch my face with my hands that hopefully i will be ok. I am so scared. I want to leave...i want me and my fiance to go and spend the next couple nights somewhere else so this can get out of here. My family and fiance both know my feelings about it and im trying to jsu stay calm...but everyone acts like its no big deal. I wish for one day...just one day they knew how i felt. I hate this...i wish we left next week liek we were suppose to and not have been ready to leave so early!!! anyone have any good ideas on how to make sure that to keep myself safe and to comfort me a bit?????????????????

[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    ****Lauren****

just remember that you have to have somehow touched feces or v. to get it, and just stay away from her and keep your hands away from your mouth and wash them before eating....and either prepare all your own food or eat somewhere else for now
    im a girl

i think eating somewhere else will most def. be what is going to happen! i am just so fed up feeling this way. I think i am on the verge of tears simply because i am just so sick of having this fear all the time. I wish i could just be like everyone else and not have htis phobia anymore. I Am working on getting help for it and hopefully once i find the right person to help me i will be on my way to recovery!
    ****Lauren****

ah i am trying the same thing...and reading all thse posts gets me more terrified yet i guess i'd rather be informed...but im so scared about the virus thing...and i want to get help for myself with this too! and you will find someone to help you just try and keep clean and not think about it since that will only make it worse
    im a girl

it seems to be getting worse by the minute. my sister in law just called and i told her that mom was sick and she was like oh no stay away from here....she is like well now you two are gonna probably get it! so now im freakin out because i have been washing my hands i havent touched a thing and when i do i wash my hands. I havent touched my face at all and everytime i go to check on my mom to make sure she is ok i stand at the top of the stairs so i can see in but not have to go in. does anyone think i will get it? i need to get some lysol so i can spray...or clorox because my mom doesnt have anything to spray!!!!!!!! she knows how i am i cant believe she doesnt have any clorox or lysol spray or something! everyhting she has is generic brand stuff that wouldnt kill a single germ im sure! ugh im freakin out more and more...my fiance went to get us dinner but im debating wether i even want to eat at all or not....uggghhh please does everyone think i am doing ok and that i wont get it?????
    ****Lauren****

You are not going to get it. You will be fine. You have been keeping clean since you arrived, and as long as you keep it up you will be ok. I would suggest going to get some good cleaner, though, like something with bleach in it to clean the area's you are in. Like the bathroom you are using, just in case. Its highly unlikely that you could catch it unless your Mom was wandering all about the house without washing her hands after being sick. Try to think positive, you are making yourself nauseous with all the worry (something I do all the time!). Hang in there, you'll be ok

I agree with kspappas in the fact that you try not to worry too much (i know hard to say to an emet) just because that can make you feel ill.
    How are you and your family doing know??
    Just keep washing and try and relax(as much as possible that is)
    If you need anything feel free to pm me.
    Erin
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

yea you are being so very careful so you should be fine! where did the food come from? just try to think of other things and keep washing
    im a girl