Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Chickenpox?

Ive got myself into panic mode now.thinkin my daughter has chickenpox... shes been fine all day... then we got in the bath and i noticed on her inner thigh.. she had some spots .. red and a bit raised.. but i cant seem to see any anywhere else i think she has like one on her neck.. could this be chickenpox or is it just a general rash? the reason im worried is cos i get scared of any type of illness.. and also i havent had chickenpox before and im pretty sure in adults it can make you v* [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

um i would monitor it and make sure that she doesnt get any more bumps if you see anymore on any part of her body call your family doctor. but as for v* with chicken pox im not sure because i had them when iwas young and was just really itchy, achy, fever and tired. look up chicken pox in adults for more info. that is what i would do! but i would find out soon if she does have it because if she does you will want to get out quickly because chicken pox in adults is WAY worse than for children..so be very careful!
    ****Lauren****

why is chicken pox for adults worse than with kids?

Chicken Pox usually starts on the torso. None of my kids have ever had but i got them the shot for it too. Just keep an eye on the spots though, you never know. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check behind her ears too as you often get first spots there.

Hope she's better soon

If she's young it's great that she gets it now rather than later!

I had it at around 5/6 years of age and I had no symptoms really other than a mild fever and of course itching!! haha.

I really wouldn't worry about her v*ing if she has the chicken pox, just keep her fever (if she gets one) under control and you'll be fine. V*ing isn't directly associated with the chicken pox [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

I had chicken pox when I was 13 almost 14 and I got really freaking sick, but never v*ed from it although I was very worried about that possibility. Had a real high fever and typical spring allergies at the same time which is probably why I had some nausea, but we're talking more comparable to nausea from drainage or anxiety not from a bad SV where you're just fortunate not to V* or do v*. Now, if she does have it, its too darn late to do much about it since chicken pox is pretty contaigous from a few days before you get sick and until the blisters crust over. It is very very contaigous much moreso than norovirus. If you haven't had it at your age you must be naturally resistant to it, or have had a mild case when you were little. That doesn't mean you still might not get it. If this is not a case of chicken pox you should get yourself vaccinated. Just my opinion. Also you could potentially reduce your risk of getting it this time by having your mom or your partner look after your daughter if she does have them. Keep us updated.

Could also just be contact dermatitis, heat rash, poison ivy, skin allergy etc. etc. Does she have any fever or are you seeing any more rash develop??