Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, so this may sound ridiculous, but what the heck does nausea feel like? I haven't thrown up for a decade (knock frantically on wood,) and I am honestly never sure if something is nausea or something else, and if I'm just imagining the feeling in the first place.

Tonight is basically horrendous. I think I have ovarian cysts... but basically I've had an ache mostly around my lower abdomen, but venturing upwards a bit and causing some stabbing pains in my stomach for a little while now. As in the last week or so, getting especially bad these last four days. It's not excruciating pain, or anything like that, it hurts just enough to be uncomfortable but not really painful. Tonight though... the pain hasn't worsened or changed, but there's another feeling along with it and I have no idea if it's nausea or just anxiety or just effects of anxiety plus whatever that comes from exhaustion. If it's from exhaustion though, it's certainly not helping me sleep. After trying desperately to find a position that made me feel better for half an hour, I'm sitting in the light, (which does feel better,) asking desperately for help! I have no idea what to do, and I'm scared out of my mind. Please help!

i would go to the er and get it checked.....if u have been in pain for a week or more its time to go get looked at in case its something serious...im sure its not but its always better 2 b safe than sorry
    ****Lauren****

wish i could hlep i would go to the DR right away. i too have no idea what nausea even feels like