Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Animal v*

This is funny to me. I have three cats...whom i adore with all my heart. As an emet, a lot of things freak me out or scare me. However, if i find a pile of cat v* on the floor, i never hesitate to just get a paper towel and clean it up or scrub the carpet. My husband gets sooo freaked by animal v* and refuses to clean it. Then he thinks i'm funny, cuz my fear is so bad, i can't handle human v*...but animal v* is a piece of cake...just thought i would throw that out there cuz one of my cats i nicknamed pukey pukerson! and i luv the hell out of her *meow* [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    *Melissa*

ya know whats funny. I am the same way. My fiance and I have a dog. Hes had the dog since he was 8 weeks old and now is almost 12. Whenever he gets sick I have to clean itup because it will make my fiance sick. But for me i dont know i guess i just got use to it? I use to kinda freak out about it. It only bothers me if there is alot of it.....then i kinda get a little like ew about it but i dont know its strange......
    ****Lauren****

My dog v* a few times a month.I guess he just has a sensitive stomach because it always happens in the early morning when his food is empty.

anyways, even though the smell is gross and the look of it is gross, I can pick it up without much problem.I usually scatter to find one of the dog's blankets to put underneath him (i now have two old pillow cases for this purpose) so its not much of a mess.

its usually fair warning (unlike a human) and I can even help..

when i was at work (vet clinic) i worked inches away from dried cat v* and it didn't bother me.

human v* on the other hand, disgusts me to all limits.i dont know why.even if human v* was never contagious with a virus, i will always think that it is disgusting and dont want to be near it.

I think with me it's ok to clean my cats v* cus I know what it is....either kibble or pieces of grass or fur.....Humans is a whole other story!!!!!!! Ewww!!!!

"Pucky Puckerson?" I love that!!

I have a 12 year old cat that I love to death. He vomits all the time. Usally every day. His name is Chuck and I call him "Up Chuck" he is my baby boy. I don't have a problem cleaning up after him or my other 3 kittys.

I dont like watching my cats v* but once its over, Im okay with cleaning up after them. My partner however cannot bring himself to clean up after the cats and he is not emetophobic. Odd huh?