Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: food poisoning

How likely is food poisoning from potatoes and onions? I think this is just an anxiety attack (mostly,) for the millionth time, but I ate these German potato pancakes today and I can't sleep tonight because my guts now hate me. Oh dang it... I just remembered I had sour cream on them. How likely is food poisoning from sour cream???????? Help!!!!!!!!

i would say there is a very slim chance. Your stomach is probably just upset because of the onions, and potatoes are also very heavy..to me anyway. i wouldn't worry about the sour cream if it tasted fine, it was fine.
    And i loove those potato pancakes they are soo good..
    you'll be okay hun, just relax yourself a little bit. maybe you have a little bit of indegestion/heart burn?
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I agree. You always know when dairy products are bad - you can't miss the smell!! Onions do a number on my stomach every time. They cause upset and reflux for hours even though I love them! Feel better soon.
    PF

Thank you guys for your help! I wish I could relax... I don't think I'm nauseated, but I'm afraid I am because the very mention of food makes my whole throat feel like it's stopped up. Is that nausea? Ugh, I'm in a complete panic, and it really doesn't help that this is the second night I'm not going to get anywhere near enough sleep, (if I get any sleep at all.)

I hate this stupid fear!