Quote Originally Posted by kentuckygalrk

I do the same thing... especially for napping. We actually had a post about that on the previous site and it seems like most people feel gross after taking a nap. The only real reason anyone could think of is that when you take a nap that's any longer than 15-20 minutes, your body tends to enter the next stage of sleep and once that happens your body needs to go through all the stages before you feel refreshed... this is also why many little kids who areawakened upfrom their naps rather than allowed to sleep the full time are generallywhiney and in a bad mood.

Perhaps you are getting up too fast in the mornings. It's best to set your alarm clock about 15 minutes before youneed to get up and then hit the snooze when it goes off and lay there for 15 minutes giving your body time to wake up. I pretty much feel icky in the morning no matter what because I realize that I have to actually get up and do something so I've got to get motivated.

~Rachel

Rachel, I just wanted to add that I agree with what you said 100%!! My therapist and I talked about this the other day actually!! I have trouble though. Everytime I get home from school/shopping, I lay down and sleep for at least an hour and a half, and wake up feeling crappy and unable to sleep at night. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this nasty habit?[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]