Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

WARNING: quite graphic

So I was waiting for the bus home and this man and his wife walked past me and the man was rubbing his chest with a pained look on his face. I didn't think anything of it until he leaned over this fence about 4 metres away from me and started to retch. I was in a state of shock and wasnt able to move, I just started to panic. I looked away and I heard the noise and I couln't take it anymore so I walked fast across the road and into the town centre. I called my dad and asked him to pick me up but he was working so I quickly asked him why the man was ill and was I going to catch it. (My dad is a doctor). He said it was probably a heart attack (so I couldnt catch it). I was soooooo scared and I was shaking for like 2 hours after!
    I'm only 14 and I'm so glad to hear that other people have this fear and not just me.
    Has anyone else had an experience like that?
    Bella xx

Ugh, reason why I don't take the bus often. I hope you're okay! That would be pretty scary.
    I'm 14 too.

Last time I was on a bus, a whole bunch of little kids in a summer camp program got on and sat behind me. I was like, "Okay, I can handle that," and then I hear the leaders talking about how the little girl directly behind me is really prone to being carsick. I got off two stops early and walked a few extra kilometres.

Thats exactly what I would of done! Infact I went back into town and waited 30 more minutes for the next bus. Lucky the man wasnt still there...

bella,
    I would have been the same as you when I was younger!
    There's no way you can catch whatever the fellow had by just being within earshot of him - or even standing beside him for that matter. So hopefully you can calm down soon. Although your experience would have been quite a shock, I'm sure.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bella that is such a cool name [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] but i hate getting the bus to and i always am really edgy about people who look really etc, but i would have done eactly what you did, infact i would still do it now, its horrible having this phobia so young!
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

wow, i didnt know people v* with a heart attack! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by xheartsxoliviax
    bella that is such a cool name [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] but i hate
    getting the bus to and i always am really edgy about people who look
    really etc, but i would have done eactly what you did, infact i would still
    do it now, its horrible having this phobia so young!
    everyone loves that name right now [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

you v* with a heart attack?
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

thanks =]
    yeah apparently so - but not always - just my luck that man did v* :s