Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Never knew...

I am 32 and I never knew that so many people had this problem.. I have spent the past 3 or 4 days reading the forums and I am thankful for some of the postive stories, BUT I am afraid that reading some of this will make me panic more becuase I had not "thought" of some of this.. Is this common?

I have had this problem since I was a little girl and everyone has always "belittled" me about it .. I should just "get over it" ..

Any words of wisdom???

I feel the same way! I am so happy to hear I am not alone but many of the stories freak me out, because through reading them I feel like they have happened to me too. I like to remember that there are almost 10,000 members and there are only a few stories to really scare me. I think the site is good and bad for me personally.
    Welcome!
    ~Jenny

I can understand your feeling of being scared right off the bat from all of the scary stories, this happened to me as well when I first discovered this site.But the good news is that it seems to be worse at the beginning, and once you have been here awhile, you can take away the positive aspects instead of the bad. At least this has been my experience.

the good stories are great but when i read the bad i dont really look at it like that....i look at it more like me helping them get past that! bc if everyone was scared of reading the "bad stories" i wouldnt have gotten the help and encouragement i have since joining this site!

Thank you all for your reply. I think the site will end up being a great help. Goodness, I did not even know there was a name for it. Being able to connect with people that are feeling the same way I am is worth some of the "scary stuff" .. and well the scary stuff is life not getting around it.

Again thank you all !!!

I haven't came across many posts on here that have freaked me out.

Well, except for the walmart/targer kid v* stories lol...I went to walmart today and steered clear of any kids lol.

I pretty much freak myself out the most.I am hard to convince that things are fine...my mind then races for all possible harms that could come about.

Hi and welcome!
    You may indeed find that sticking around here makes you more anxious. Sometimes it's best to come and get as much information as you can to help you get treatment, and then disappear.

Several people stick around, of course - for the support of others in the same boat. Very few are here long-term. Hopefully most get help and get better! Others come back and share their success stories, or pop back from time to time to say hello.

Good luck to you!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.