Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

for those who have tats, is there anything you can do before hand to make the pain less?

how did it feel?

all i can remember is not wanting to get shots when i was younger lol.I hated needles because of my vaccines.

i just want to know what it feels like because i am thinking of getting one.

i have 6 ... two i did myself with a proper tattoo gun ofc!
    my dad bought one learnt himself then learnt me so we tattoo each other.
    the pain is bearable.. honest lol
    The worst place i found to have one done was my foot.. youch that hut my back wasnt too bad.
    But now you can order some stuff online to numb the area first it REALY does work

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/EMLA-Cream.html

not sure if this is the same as my dads but its similar but only works for 30mins so it will wear off eventually anyway.. if you want a tattoo go for it and grin and bear it.
    the pain is like a stinging and then a burning sensation.. but after a while it does numb xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have one large tattoo and one small one. in my opinion, it hurt terrible but the pain was addicting. the one on my butt didnt hurt as bad as the one on my back (the one on my back is 5 times larger and took 4 3hour sessions)
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

You could possibly take some tylenol before hand, but im not sure that would do too much.
    I have to.. a lionhead on my back and a rose on my ankle..the ankle i found didn hurt at all,. but the one on my back..ouch. sweat was pourin off my head.
    my idea is if you can deal with menstrual cramps and all that crap u can deal with gettin a tattoo haha..its worth the pain if u find the right tattoo you really want. people just have different pain tolerances
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

i have 6 and i weigh 112 lbs lol
    including one on the inside of my lip.....its not bad!!!
    and if i can do it so can you

just make sure u eat before bc if u dont have a high pain tolerance the pain can make you v*

i never have but i have a lot of friends that have!

i have a huge tattoo covering nearly all of my upper back and a medium sized one on the small of my back (right above my butt crack, lol). both times, yes it hurt, but it was bearable. while getting the outline for my upper back tattoo, i hadn't eaten in a while so when he started, i got really cold, sweaty and n*. i got a cup of water and felt fine almost immediately and he continued. i'm planning two more tatts right now and i can't wait!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have 6 tattoos.. the thing is not all of them hurt it depends where you get it... the one on my upper arm DIDNT FEEL, but the one in the middle of my lower back hurt so bad! the one on my neck stug a tiny but and the ones on my should blades felt like a sunburn thats it,

My whole back is tattooed as is the top of my foot. Tattoos hurt. They are scratching little needles in to your skin. But in order to have a tattoo I feel like you have to EARN it. Also if they hurt THAT bad none of us would keep going back for more! LOL! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

why do people get sweaty, light headed and n* while getting inked?

yea, i will not be getting any on my back lol i heard that it hurts like hell and i cannot tolerate pain in any of that area.

i have 5, soon to be 6.

The one on the inside of my wrist hurt like h***.
    The ones on the inner forearms didn't hurt very much at all!
    The one on my upper arm hurt kinda...
    The one on my lower back was the least painful!

VERY FEW PEOPLE V* FROM GETTING INKED!

Please don't let this fear stop you! Tattoos are wonderful! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by xmdslatx
    why do people get sweaty, light headed and n* while getting inked?

yea, i will not be getting any on my back lol i heard that it hurts like hell and i cannot tolerate pain in any of that area.

the nerves on my back (not to mention my shoulderblades and my spine) are very close to the skin so it's more painful. after i got that cup of water though, i instantly felt better and continued on. the only time it hurt after that was when he was tattooing on my shoulderblades and near the top of my shoulders. once everything goes numb though, it's really not bad. and like someone else said, the pain is very addicting!

my mom went out for a drink before she gother tattoo... it all depends where you get the tattoo and how fatty the area is

I think people get dizzy and sweaty from tattooos because they get anxious and nervous and all worked up. If they are not going to feel well it would be right when the tattoo started. Once the person calms down and relaxes they will feel better.