Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: cooking eggs!

I made myself dinner tonight, and well, i'm not much a of a cook. So i made a big salad, some toast and some eggs. I'm not sure how long you cook the eggs. I already ate....lol..now i'm worrying. I just cooked it till all the white was cooked, and sunny side up. How long does it take to cook the little guys?

a little late now since i alreasdy ate...but...if they didn't taste bad...

mmmeeeeh. It's just my anxiety acting up.

i hate cooking.

Don't worry hun. Actually the chances of getting sick from undercooked eggs is almost in the area of winning the lottory. They just don't recommend eatting raw eggs due to temp like ones that had sat out at room temp.

As long as the whites were done well you are fine. I always eat the yolks runny. Mmm so I can dip my buttered toast in it.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

P.S just make sure to cook with a lower heat to start and increase the heat one it has started to cook.For a harder yolk I will turn the heat down again and cover it with a lid and the heat recirculates and cooks the yolk fully.

Again thought from a test in the US only about 2 people per 100,000 had tummy problems. Being pregnant, old or under 4 will put you at a higher risk as well as using eggs that aren't GradeA or AA. Edited by: Melikasa
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hmm.. i didn't cover it!

But thanks for the info!

Yeah you'll be fine. My brother and one of his idiot friends decided one day to each eat a raw egg! YUCK! and neither of them got sick. EWWWW!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Raw eggs are used in a lot of sauces Bernaise, Hollindaise and Ceasar salad dressing (in restraunts) and some special puddings or eve egg nog.

They are recommending of course that people try and not to do this anymore to reduce the risk of anyone getting sick even more but I don't think people will stop. There are those that drink raw eggs as a protien boost if they are like body builders or athletes.

Have a great evening and hope to talk again sometime

Oh, the eggs you cooked were fine. If you cooked them until all the white was cooked, that is really all you need to do if the yolk isn't broken. If it is, that's ok, but they should be cooked a little more.

The inside of eggsis actually sterile. Think about it: how would bacteria actually get in there? And if the yolk isn't broken, then that stays sterile. What happens is that Salmonella can hang out on the outside of the egg, and when you crack it, the inside becomes contaminated. To properly handle the eggs before makingice cream (for ex), which uses raw eggs, they should be washed gently, butthoroughly with soap and water. I don't know how many people actually do this, but I make my husband do that whenever he gets the ice cream machine out!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill