Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The FDA has now issued an advisory extended to products containing peanut butter. See here:http://www.ajc.com/traffic/content/me tro/stories/2009/01/17/peanut_0118.html

Original story about peanut butter recall:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/10...a.outbreak.cdc /index.htmlEdited by: gumdropper1
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

King Nut...hahaha.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

SWEET IT'S NOT IN FLORIDA!
    Crayon

i've never heard of king nut... lol

It turns out it is an institutional brand. It is only sold to schools, restaurants, prisons, etc. So you don't need to worry about consumer peanut butter.

Never heard of 'king nut' and my dtr's school does not use peanut butter due to kids have peanut allergies. You can bring a PB&J from home if noone in your class is allergic.

"We are very sorry this happened"

yeah right.if you people were so sorry, it wouldnt have happened in the first place!! ergghh this just makes me so paranoid to eat peanut butter! this is the second time peanut butter had bacteria in it.

and ironically, both had silly names.

"peter pan"
    "king nut"
    lol

im glad i only eat my SKIPPY

i dont eat peanut butter .....and now im glad

I'm glad I eat peanut butter at school all the time. That's lovely.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

SKIPPY all the way...i wonder who the "king nut" was that f****d up all the PB?! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *Melissa*

im not in the USA but im glad i dont eat peanut butter!!

Quote Originally Posted by worrygirl
    Never heard of 'king nut' and my dtr's school does not use peanut butter due to kids have peanut allergies. You can bring a PB&J from home if no one in your class is allergic.
    I'm sorry, but a school that doesn't serve peanut butter and jelly doesn't sound like much of a school at all to me.[img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]

Well it is a private school (and a great one at that [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] ) and they can make their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang
    Never heard of 'king nut' and my dtr's school does not use peanut butter due to kids have peanut allergies. You can bring a PB&J from home if no one in your class is allergic.
    I'm sorry, but a school that doesn't serve peanut butter and jelly doesn't sound like much of a school at all to me.[img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]
    Most primary schools here in the UK you are not allowed ANYTHING with nuts. No Snickers, no PBJs, no peanut snacks, no anything that might leave a trace on a table that someone with a nut allergy might touch.

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang

almost every single school division where we live doesnt allow peanut butter or peanut anything in the school. some people have deathly allergic reations to nuts and I think its a good way to prevent "accidents" , you know kids can be very curious sometimes.

I would probably dropout if my school stopped serving me delicious pb&j. And I would probably punch someone in the face if they didn't allow me to pack my own pb&j. I would end up suspended for being nuts to school, that is if I hadn't dropped out already because of the ridiculous nut rules.

i guess they found that its also in the keebler cookies ithink, its one of them yummy peanut butter cookies.. someone here in my state (minnesota) died from the outbreak, he looked like he was 70!

Help help I ate some of the Austin crackers and I am freaking out on hold with my doctor. They said that recall was just a precaution but I'm terrified!

The FDA has now issued an advisory extended to products containing peanut butter. See here: http://www.ajc.com/traffic/content/m...es/2009/01/17/ peanut_0118.html

yay! i don't eat peanut butter!!
    ha im still a bit worried though.
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

hey new.slang

don't mean to sound mean and cheeky....but for some people the fear of anaphylactic shock is as terrifying as the things we fear....you say that you would punch someone in the face if they didn't allow you to bring peanut butter into an enviroment where it could potentially harm someones health.

How would you feel if someone came into school with a SV - thats not only hazardous to your health - but one of your worst fears?

Quote Originally Posted by eekelsey
    Help help I ate some of the Austin crackers and I am freaking out on hold with my doctor. They said that recall was just a precaution but I'm terrified!
    I bought a huge batch of those and ate them all last week...and I'm fine now.

i am kind of turned off once i heard from someone that peanuts are are fungafied or something.

i dont eat pb&j sandwhiches anymore anyways.

peanut butter was one of my safe foods

Okay, here is something to make you laugh. I googled peanut butter recall because Doug's link wouldn't work for me. I found an article with this quote: "But on the other hand, it might be contained in some other products in their panties, which could make it even more dangerous." Did you notice the hilarious typo?? What a difference an r makes! I want to send this to David Letterman or something! Here's the link if you want to read the whole article: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...pb_king_recall 03.html
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    Doug's link wouldn't work for me.
    Make sure there is no space between "17/" and "peanut." Delete the space if there is.

Are we sure the name brands like Skippy, etc. are safe? I know they are saying the supermarket stuff is safe, but they are not done investigating...I can't live without peanut butter...

does anyone know of a complete list?
    and btw wasn't Peter Pan recalled last year too?

I ate 1/2 a bad of reeces peanut butter cups minis OHH MAN (this was last week) then they say to watch out for anything with peanut butter, the DAY AFTER i ate my last one! OUCH this bites i lvoe peanutbutter