Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: If you used anti emets with a SV did you:

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • v* anyway

3 20.00%
  • retch but not v*

2 13.33%
  • felt crappy still but no v* or retching

7 46.67%
  • felt much less nausea but still bad

0 0%
  • felt much better

0 0%
  • I don’t use anti emetics

3 20.00%

Thread: Anti emetics

Yes and please describe which anti emetic and how much. Thanks for your participation.

I used 10mg of Domperidone (Motilium) and it didn't work unfrotunately [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] It was my last tablet.

My fiance bought some more home when he came in from work and I took 2 (20mg) and I didn't v* again after that but I don't know if I would've done anyway?

When he got it a coulpe of days later I made him take 10mg of domperidone and it didn't work for him either.

On a positive note though I'm convinced it's stopped me v* quite a few times over the years, just not for noro.

I've never had an sv*. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

i had a sv feb 2007 which was belived to be noro everyone else v* i took 3 tablets of stemetil and retched all night but no v

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used Emetrol, but noow that I've been on this site and have found out about others--I may try them if I ever need them again!!!

During my last sv (could have been noro, not sure), I took 20mg of domperidone and 20mg stemetil, and retched a number of times, but did not actually do the dreaded deed.

They did little to help with nausea, but I believe they helped me to not v*

Sorry JD i have never used one when i had an SV or even when i thought i was actually going to V.
    so i said never used them.
    interesting poll though
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

I have done both...I have V'd when taking the anti-emetic and I have not...while having the SV

I think it depends on how much is in your tummy and how well you fight it...

Also, your stomach my not absorb the medicine as efficiently when you have a sv. So if you have something that dissolves in your mouth, that can be better.

I take Zofran..dissolves on my tongue...MUCH better...because it gets in there! I think I want some Phenergan too to knock me OUT...next time...(suppository)..sounds lovely! I remember it making me sleepy..but..I wonder if the combo of phenergan and zofran would be magic???

Magic? Probably not but this combo is used against nausea and v*ing from chemotherapy. The phenergran is better at reducing nausea and the zofran is better at blocking the body's v* response.