Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: worried :(

Hey everyone,

Im not sure if im posting this in the right place or not lol but I need some comforting words...

So yesterday at about noon at work (im a bartender) a man walks in, sets his coat down and walks outside and I see him start coughing and bending over but I couldn't see anymore than that because there were things in my way. So he walks back in about 5 mins later and his eyes are all teared up like he was just v**, then he orders a vodka and cranberry and a clam chowder! Needless to say I was terrified but I served him and kept washing my hands like a maniac, he left about a half hour later but of course I've had crazy thoughts going through my head about putting his money in the drawer and contaminating all of the money ect. So im convincing myself he has a sv and now im going to be s* and im terrified! Literally one panic attack after another im scared to eat...do you think this could've been a sv? Im scared

Ps sorry for the long post
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

nahh he was probably just drank too much,

thank you for the reply! That's what im trying to tell myself but he didn't seem drunk and he had just walked in,it was pretty early in the day...ughhhhhh I hate this phobia!
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

Are you sure he V*ed I mean he could've just had spit go down the wrong
    way
    The girl who nobody knows, they only see
    The girl who is only half way pretty and doesn\'t care
    The girl whose following her one true dream, when nobody\'s looking...

I dunno when he came back in he was teary eyed and red in the face he def looked like he just v** and he was out there for a good 5 or 10mins...im sorry if I sound ridiculous

You don't sound ridiculous you sound like somebody with emetophobia! I'll say this though, I doubt anyone with norovirus would feel like vodka and clam chowder...

Yes that's true...im just obsessing because all of my friends and their families have had it this past weekend so I just feel like im surrounded

I'd say he was definitely drunk, there's no way anyone with an sv would go in a bar and drink alcohol and clam chowder [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] either that or he was maybe just having a choking fit, that can make your eyes water.

Either way I wouldn't worry about it as neither of those things are catching, i think you're on a high state of alert with friends and family having had it, which is completely understandable.Edited by: paulinek

He probz looked the way he did coz of the coughing fit, or he choked. He couldn't eat and drink alcohol if he had an sv*.

Yeah i agree with everyone else. It was probably just him coughing and he had to spit or something.
    Plus when sick with an SV, he wouldn't want to drink or eat.
    I think you are in the clear.
    And like JD said, you are not ridiculous, your just an Emet.
    Erin
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

if someone has sv* and drinks or eats anything (even water) right after they v*, it just comes up. The stomach won't have anything inside. If he was drinking and didn't go out to v* again I'm pretty sure it was not a sv*
    Was he smoking cigarettes? He was probably just trying to get something out of his lungs.