Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello i am new here and i have both emetophobia and emetophilia

please dont hate me--more than two-thirds of emetophiles have emetophobia too--all us emetophobes hate vomit but some of us are obsessed in two ways

i really hate this time of year

jeff

first off welcome. and second no one hates you because of emetophilia.
    as long as you wont post pictures like some trolls did a while back, we
    support you!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

hey Jeff!
    When you say you have emetophilia, what do you mean by that? like, what do you like about it? I don't know if I'm emetophilic or not, because for me I just like seeing pictures/videos of v*. However, I'm still scared to death of it.

Welcome to IES!

I thought Emetophilia meant that a person was 'aroused' by the thought/sight/sound/ect...of v*...Maybe I'm wrong? Even if you are aroused by it, you'll still be accepted here...just please remember that most of us of deathly afraid of all aspects of it...

Can you explain what your emetophilia intails, nothing too graphic if you don't mind. I am just curious because i have never heard of it.
    And like virgowitch said, we all accept you, but many of us are terribly afraid anything to do with it.
    Either way, welcome to IES!
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

Welcome, Jeff. May I ask how you know that two thirds of emetophiles have emetophobia?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

doug why does it matter? the internet has plenty of info and your post
    makes it seem like your accusing him of lying or something...
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Kendall, there is no reason to start a flame war. If you remember anything about me, you know that I have done a lot of surveys of emets over the years. They are cited heavily in my two FAQs, the Emetophobia FAQ and the Vomiting FAQ (link below).Jeff cited a statistic that I had not seen and I asked him where he got it.

Doug

no no no no i wasn't starting anything. i was just saying how i perceived
    it and if i perceived it that way so might someone else
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

um it is okay i didnt take offense to the question

about a month ago there was a survy on one of the emetophilia boards that asked who was an emetophobe and 22 emetophiles said they were and only 10 said they were not

it got me thinking about this phobia and how the phobia and philia are more closely related than we talk about

sophia- i am just like you i hate doing it i have not done it in like 7 years but i like looking at the pics and vids and if it turns you on than you are an emetophile too

jeff

welcome!!!

first off i had to look that up. and waht not... it says that you get easily arused by V*. well. i can def. say that is not me that would turn my stomach!! i really dont know what the heck to say, its weird that you have both phobias. but what the heck, that shouldnt matter what so ever!

WELCOME AGAIN..

Jeff, it's not "weird" - as you say - from your simple survey, 2/3 of emetophiles have emetophobia as well. I've studied the human brain a fair bit, specifically the fear response systems...and they are in fact closely linked to the sexual arousal systems. Many times teenagers will have an orgasm when the bell rings before they're finished a test and they freak out about it. Most never tell anyone. But of those who do, we can study the phenomenon and we know that, to put it simply, some wires just got crossed. What you're saying is that these crossed wires are more or less permanent with many of you.

As others have said, you will be welcome here so long as you never post anything graphic that could frighten others.

Oh ya - and also - don't despair! There is treatment for your condition - both parts of it. Check out my website on how to find a therapist (link below). You can try to find one who will understand your unique problem - or at least be willing to learn about it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I think most if not all of us have an obsession with vomit. When I was younger I wanted to see it and hear stories about it. I asked lots of questions that I would never ask now. I am still super intersted in it. I am terrifed by it yet intrigued at the same time. It's hard to explain. Any who, Welcome to the site!

That sounds exactly like me kellybeth!

Sage,

I agree with your advice, but it was Brittany, not Jeff, who called it weird.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    Many times teenagers will have an orgasm when the bell rings before they're finished a test and they freak out about it.
    wow, I didn't know that happened! lol

jealous. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

kellybeth- thanks for your message its nice to know someone else here is like me

sage- i like the idea of seeing a therapist but dont know if im ready for it

jeff

oops - thanks gumdropper - sorry I didn't mean jeff. (I'm too lazy to scroll up sometimes)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I have to say that there has been a time when I was affraid of vomitting as in, when I started to feel sick, that the fear of it started to set in.

I already had some arousing fascination when thinking about sickness sometimes when I was rather small, though. It was not until rather recently that I "discovered" emetophilia as one of my fetishes. As I have some experience in the fetish field already (as in, I've read into it a little due to other fetishes), I already suspected that I probably wasn't alone with it.
    Even though it is not my major fetish, it is quite a strong one. Not in that it is an obsession, however, quite some sexual pleasure can be had in conjunction with it. Now, how does that go with the emetophobia, some seem to be wondering - now, it probably has not been the strongest emetophobia to begin with, however, there is still something there of it. However, when the unpleasant feeling of being sick is sexually harnessed, it becomes a "Oh, no, please, not.... - Oh, NO! Don't stop!" kind of thing. You know what I want to say. - the part of it being unpleasant plays an important role.

However, when sexually harnessing it or vomiting in general is not suitable, such as in the car, for instance, sickness is still an experience I don't like - as in, really don't like, not just "don't like" - you know what I mean.

TRIGGER WARNING:</font> May contain mentions of certain things.

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Even though it cannot be said that I am inexperienced with forum software (I have actually been involved in the design process of bulletin board software more than once), I can't seem to spot an edit-button on my own post. That may be for a variety of reasons, including me just being completely blind on the button, or just the configuration of permissions for my (newly created and almost postless) account.

What I wanted to correct especially is, that I used the word "emetophobia" in the above post, even though I have quite some doubt it would have classified as such, especially since the real "I don't want to v*, how can I prevent it..." only set in when I got s*. I've had a lot of migraine back then, and these things combined really aren't that great. I still dislike headache very much. I always carry pills with me that make them go away for sure in case I feel a headache developing from the faint beginning levels to the early intermediate levels. Sometimes I take one even on the mentioned faint beginning levels already.

Also, I have used a word above I see I should have censored as I perceive from reading other posts on the forum after I had already published the text.

Furthermore, what I wanted to supplement is the mention of erotic feelings about n* and v* in some cases even making slight (or beginning intermediate) n* go away, when it wasn't so sure that it would have vanished without them.

I hope it won't strike me down the road to make more modifications I only unlikely would not like to apply, or else this might end in a triple post. :P

Welcome... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I can't say I understand AT ALL how a person can have BOTH emetophobia and emetophilia.... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]But I'm sure if you say that you do, then you do! I hope you can find some useful information and support here!

*~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

technically we are all emetophiles or whatever. we obsess about v* 24/7. am i wrong??
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I figure, V*ing is the equivelent of the foribidden fruit, We cannot do it without having a horrible time. I figure. anything forbidden to us,We lust after.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

for me, even though i'm scared to death of it, watching it happen on tv in situations where i know it won't affect me is intriguing. it doesn't arouse me, though, and sometimes it even makes me feel n*, but i still watch it anyway sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213
    technically we are all emetophiles or whatever. we obsess about v* 24/7. am i wrong??
    Hmmm.. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Isn't "obsessing about v*" - in the fearful way that we (phobics) do - different than being aroused/intrigued by it??

I don't think I'd ever think of myself as an emetophile... but I could have the definition incorrect.
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

isn't it odd though how someone who is emetophobic could have emetophilla as well? that would be like craving a brownie when you are on a diet or something.

man, I wish i had emetophilla (with no emetophobic tendencies lol)

too bad your stomach can't tickle or something when you v*.make it a lil bearable.

Interesting. While I wouldn't consider myself an emetophile, I certainly went through a phase of finding sexual videos involving vomiting fascinating (about 3 years after developing emetophobia). There is no way I would ever indulge in something like that, but there is also no way I would ever indulge in getting hit in the face with a spade, and I've seen a fair few videos of that, too.
    Hard Normal Daddy

Default Re: new and emetophilia

Hello Jeff, I am new here and the same as you. I thought I was the only one! Its so frustrating. v* is my biggest fear yet the only thing that gets me going. I can't even watch it in pictures or on tv because it terrifies me yet if I think about it I get sexually aroused. I sometimes wonder if its my brains way of dealing with the phobia or if its just the brain's structure linking fear with arousal... I don't know, but its so confusing.

I feel like a lot of us are emetophiles in a way. We obsess over v*, ask people about their experiences with it, etc. It may not give some of us arousal but in a way we're all still obsessed with it. Like when any of my friends are sick, I'm always asking what it was like, all the lovely details.

Welcome to the forums, Jeff. Hope you find comfort and help here!

Kailyn

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I definately wouldn`t call myself an emetophile, although I do tend to obsess about v, wondering why people do it etc, but i`m scared of the sight & sound of it,& disgusted as well. I have heard of some people being aroused by fear, but I can`t imagine being turned on by fear myself.