Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sorry - can't sleep because I've been exposed to SV and I'm scared if I sleep I will wake up feeling s*. So I'm ranting around here instead!

If you are ever worried then just bear these things that have happened to me (and I did not v*") in mind:

I once cleaned the toilet and a bit of the water splashed me on my mouth. I was fine.

My boyfriend (now husband) years ago thought it was funny to lick my face after he had v*d. I went into a blind rage and swear if there were any instruments around I would have used them on him! I was fine.

I ate a sandwich that after about three quarters of it, I noticed it had a lot of mould on it! I was fine.

I ate some ham one lunchtime. Later that day I went to get some more but it was gone. I asked my mum where the ham had gone and she said she threw it out because it had gone off! I freaked as I had eaten some at lunch. I was fine.

The worst time of my life ever was when my husband and both my kids all had an sv at the same time. I was seriously losing my mind and I'm sure now I had a mini breakdown of some sort. But, as with us emets, my hygiene and other habits helped me and.....I was fine.

I once went to my friend's house for dinner. She had cooked and when we were eating, she told me she had v*d twice that morning and didn't think she could eat any more of the food. I was furious she hadn't told me. I was with her for over an hour before we ate. Then I was almost done eating when she told me. I was terrified. I was fine.

Hope this helps. It goes to show that you will not always get ill if you are in contact with anything horrid. I try to think of these times when I am worried, like now. So if it helps you some, then great.

Yeah well you can eat mold it will not harm you unless you have an allergy.
    But thanks for the cheer, it is awesome, you have a great evening and hope it works out for the best!!!

I hope that you eventually got some rest. Thank you sooo much for posting this, though. Its good to think about all the times that you DON'T get sick instead of focusing on the single time that you MIGHT. This post helped me out (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i like the idea of this ! very cute and just gos to show that more times than not ....we'll be fine

Thanks for that, it's true when you think about all the times we've had a big panic over something (that thing with the toilet water splashing me on the mouth when cleaning it happened to me too [img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img] ) and nothing happens they far outweigh the very very rare occasions if any that we do actually v*

Your boyfriend thought it was funny to lick your face after he'd v*ed.... I'm surprised at your self-control, I would've beaten the crap out of him!

I'm sure you'll be fine if you've survived that list of nasties!
    Lauren xx

I think its good to be reminded when we are worried of all the times we have been ok. (And for the record, I was fine the other night). I know it helps me and makes me a bit calmer at stress times. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

that was an ecouraging post, thanks for that! By the way, how long has it been since you have actually v*?

if my partner had licked my face after he had v* i dont think he would have any legs to stand on tbh... or he wouldnt have been out of a wheelchair!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] that is jsut awful

as for the toilet water that has happened to me too i was cleaning it so viscisouly lol.. it flicked up and omg did i freak! [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kspappas
    that was an ecouraging post, thanks for that! By the way, how long has it been since you have actually v*?
    To be fair he didn't realise how bad my phobia was at that time - he certainly did after! And he has been a rock when the kids were ever ill. He even took care of my son and drove him to the doctors when he had a sv himself!
    I v* last on my birthday (!) 06 but it was over 10 years before that (touch wood). I hate talking about when I last did it because I always think I'll tempt fate and it will happen again! There are even songs I can't listen to as I think I'll v* if I hear them because it was a song that was playing when I once v*d! I know I am a headcase!

Beany, I have one... the time I was a little kid and ate our pleasantly odorous and raw bait shrimp...no v* no diarrhea. Also had some of that Publix/Peter Pan peanut butter from the last recall, but thank god no illness. Good topic.