Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been having a bit of a meltdown for the last 20 minutes or so...I read an article on yahoo and found out that the bag of famous amos peanut butter cookies I bought the other day has been recalled...I had a couple of them when I first bought the bag, on tuesday or wednesday or so, and then I ate a bunch more last night...I'm freaking out. Would I have developed salmonella symptoms by now?
    This recall is scaring the heck out of me...of course I find out about it after buying a huge box of peanut butter granola bars... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: pupp

If you were eatting them on tuesday or wednesday you definatley would have been sick by now..dont worry.
    i read that they dont know the exact source yet so they're recalling a bunch of things.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Oh yeah, even if you hate late blooming symptoms you would have been s* by now.

If it will make you feel any better you can e-mail the company and ask them if the peanutbutter they use were contaminated.

(I would say that you are safe though)

Thanks guys! I think I'm in the clear now

Pupp, I think emets are naturally more resistant to salmonella than other people (just like other bugs) and maybe even more so because salmonella is less hardy than norovirus. Also, some of the things that have been recalled are cooked and so it is unlikely there is active salmonella in it. Some of this recall activity is probably just a precaution.

Anyway, if you get salmonella, you would be more likely to have diarrhea than puke. Diarrhea is the most characteristic symptom of salmonella.

Lots of reasons not to be so afraid...

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im pretty sure they were just recalling everything out of precaution....even tho none of the peanut butter that had salmonella is sold where i live they took all peanut butter off the shelf just in case. but ive still been eating mine and i had some reeses yesterday so im sure you will be fine....especially since you ate them already! if ur not sick now your not going to be sick!!!