Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I posted earlier this week about my 6-month-old getting sick with some kind of stomach flu, and how I thought I handled it decently but I was still worried about him. I had pretty much considered myself almost cured of this phobia for several years. I wasn't even realy worried about getting it from him.

Unfortunately, that's what happened! I just ... you know what ... about 10 minutes ago. I've had a few stomach bugs during the time that I was doing better, and they didn't really bother me, but this time I am freaking out. I just kept praying over and over that I wouldn't be sick, and thinking, "There is no way I can handle this." I don't know how I'm going to get through the night.

Oh no im so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

If you're afraid of v*ing again, don't eat or drink ANYTHING for at least an hour...don't eat ANYTHING for 24 hours. Only sip a sip of water every 30 mins after the 1 hour mark. You can also go to the ER if you v* more than 2X and get an anti-emetic!

I really hope that you feel better soon! I had the sv in Nov of 2007, and while it wasn't the end of the world, I would prefer not to go through that again! *hugs*

I know exactly how you're feeling, i got an sv before christmas, and like virgo_witch says it really isn't then end of the world (although it felt like it at the time) but it's still best avoided.

Don't eat anything and take tiny sips of water or if you have any then some peppermint tea as that really helps with n* and calms the tum.

And take some anti emets if you have any.

I really hope you don't have an sv but if you do you WILL get through it, and we are all here for you.

Let us know how you are x

Virgo Witch is totally right about the not eating because you need to starve the bug! That way it won't live as long in your intestines.

I hope you feel better ASAP [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

You can get through it, I promise. Try to sip water if you can keep it down to stay hydrated, and rest rest rest!! Try and take some medicines that will help, too (Pepto is my old standby, Hydroxyzine as well). I hope that you are feeling better :/ We all are here for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mparker5

how are you feeling now? fingerscrossed you're all better!