Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok sooo...my best friend just called me and said "oh im off on thursday so im going to come over tomorrow after work and hang out we can make dinner and play cards and relax" so I say "yayy that sounds like fun lets definatly do it" so then she adds in "yea I need to get out of this house I can't afford to get sick my father and brother have been s** all night v** and d** and a high fever" so now I go into panic mode because I already agreed to hang out and now im scared she's going to bring the bug to my house...the only thing is her brother just had surgery last week so he hasn't left the house and her father is elderly and has been home too so where on earth could they have gotten this from? I told her maybe it was something they both ate and she said no its a sv
    What do I do???
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

My first reaction is cancel her coming over! But logically, as long as you wash your hands you can't get it even if she is contagious, but you would also have to bleach everything down she touched too so that you wouldn't have to be constantly washing your hands in your own home and I don't think I could be bothered with all of that it's too stressful and time consuming plus now matter how thorough you are you are bound to worry for 48 hours after she's gone and I know some would say it's feeding the phobia but why put yourself through it?

Her dad and brother could've got it cos it can live for a couple of weeks on hard and soft surfaces so someone could've contaminated something in their home and they have touched it and not washed their hands and bingo..

WELL MY FRIENDS SON WAS OVER AT THERE HOUSE 2 WEEKS AGO WITH A SV* BUT COULD THEY REALLY HAVE JUST GOTTEN IT NOW? MY FRIEND SLEPT IN HER BED WITH THE LITTLE GUY AND DIDN'T CATCH IT
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

I'd want to cancel .. but that would probably come off as quite rude unless you could come up with a fantastic excuse.

If she comes over, just be very conscious of what she is touching and what you are touching. Wash your hands and clean clean CLEAN when she is gone. Do everything Im sure you always do.

Good luck, I hope the both of you stay healthy!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So she wound up going out after work and everyone was feeling better in her house so she just wound up going home so im in the clear!

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] WHEW! Close one, LOL. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.