Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I haven't even READ any posts since switching to the new board. I didn't bother to add it to my favorites list. As much as I liked reading posts and occasionally replying, I was doing SO well! I was feeling great. Yesterday I heard someone cough in class, and didn't even think about it until a few minutes later (usually any weird noise sends me into a panic).

But today, I heard a story that freaked me out. I'm going to post the story at the bottom of the post after a row of asterisks (*). Anyway, after hearing this, I was so grossed out and freaked out. It was like the things I have emet nightmares about. So all day I've been feeling nauseous and panicky. I'm an emet who only worries about other people being sick usually, but today I've been thinking all day that I was going to be sick, especially in my classes and while driving. I think I finally know what the "panic nausea" feels like that people here talk about. I'm not REALLY nauseaus, just worried.

I went to dinner with my parents and it took my mind off of it, but now I'm alone again without much to do. I guess I'm really not looking for any answers or advice... just some support from people who can relate. Remember, the story below is a bit graphic and VERY disturbing for an emet.

A girl in one of my classes was talking to her friend about this thing that the members of a track team at a local college do. They drink a beer, run a lap, drink another, run another lap, etc until they've gone a mile. And if they v*, they have to run an extra lap. She said that the track was "covered" with it, and she thought it was really funny. It's making me absolutely terrified just writing it. I feel like I'll never get that idea out of my head.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    May
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eww, what is wrong w/ people!? I'm sorry that happened. But look you were doing good there is no reason you won't get back on track. I hate it when people tell disgusting stories! GRRR! feel better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

EWWWWWWW!!! [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]I'm sorry you had to overhear this story, May!! I would've been upset too!! I don't find anything amusing OR funny about that!!

Anyway, I agree with Simply,

You have come this far doing so well, and you can do it once again!! Try not to think about the story, do everything possible to take your mind off of it, and soon, hopefully, like a dream, the story/imgages will fade away.

By the way, VERY CUTE AVATAR!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Thankyou so much, guys! This is why I love this place, there are so many great people that post here thatthere's always someone to give you some quick reassurance.

I'm still a bit nervous and anxious, but I'm going to go exercise and hopefully that will calm me down a bit. 9:30pm certainly seems like an odd time for a workout, but I think it'll help. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hopefully tomorrow I wont even be thinking about it, because I'm going rafting with some other students from my college and we have to ride a bus to get there, and buses scare me!

Again, thanks, and thanks in advance to anyone else who posts.. I'll probably be going to bed soon and wont check this again until tomorrow evening.

Edit:thanks for the compliment on the avatar... I found this picture SO long ago on some web site, and stole it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img], but I have a feeling the people who "owned" it have long forgotten about it. I think it's adorable.Edited by: may

May

hey may, neha and I are in the chatroom if you wanna join us? we'll keep your mind off everything!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am so sorry that you had to hear that. How could anyone enjoy doing something like that? that's just gross!! When I read your post it made me think of something that happend at my job.

**May be upsetting to some**

I found out that these kids were coming into the fast food restraunt i work at(thankfully on days I wasn't there) and ordering a TON of food, then they were sitting in the dinning room and stuffing themselves until one of them got sick. The first person to get sick 'won' the game and everyone cheered him on. Then these kids would leave their 'mess' for some else to clean up. My boss finally called the police on them and they are no longer permitted on the property (THANK GOD!)

So when i found out this happend I freaked out, even though they weren't going to be going there any more I still felt sick for the next few times I worked. So I understand how you feel!!

-Danielle

I know that I am reading this late, but I am sorry to hear that you had to go through that. I always HATED when people talked like that around me, I think though that you were strong to have been able to continue to stay there and no go running out of the rooom. I think though that a story like that would have discusted even a none emet person.

I am sure that you will persevere and come out on top again. GL
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by confused

I am so sorry that you had to hear that. How could anyone enjoy doing something like that? that's just gross!! When I read your post it made me think of something that happend at my job.

**May be upsetting to some**

I found out that these kids were coming into the fast food restraunt i work at(thankfully on days I wasn't there) and ordering a TON of food, then they were sitting in the dinning room and stuffing themselves until one of them got sick. The first person to get sick 'won' the game and everyone cheered him on. Then these kids would leave their 'mess' for some else to clean up. My boss finally called the police on them and they are no longer permitted on the property (THANK GOD!)

So when i found out this happend I freaked out, even though they weren't going to be going there any more I still felt sick for the next few times I worked. So I understand how you feel!!

-Danielle

WOW!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]A CONTEST??????? That's just SICK!!!! I can't believe people would do that!! Geesh!! Sorry Danielle!!! But I agree with Melikasa, hearing those stories and staying through them, going to work everyday, that's very brave &strong of you!!!

May,

I hope our chat helped!! It was fun!! Can't wait to do it again!!! I am serious about the "I Love The 90's" commentary!!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Neha, our chat helped quite a bit! I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, good enough to go rafting anyway. I had a nice day. Tonight has been rather lonely and sad, but for completely non-emet reasons, and tomorrow should be better!

Danielle, that's so disgusting... I'd be afriad to go in, too, for a while. I work at a restaurant, and I worry, because it's on a college campus. Last semester I worked Saturday mornings, and let me tell you, most of the customers were so hung-over that I was scared! Luckily I've never had any bad experiences there.

May

UGH. Who does these things? That is so gross. Even for a non-emet.

May,

Glad you were able to go rafting!!! Sounds like fun!!! I want to go!!!

Crazybeautiful,

I know, right??? You would think people would have SOME gross-out factor in them....!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

that is the sickest thing i have ever heard! a freakin' CONTEST?!?!?!?!!?!?! thats so demented. UGH! i do not want to go to college if they act like that there! yuck! somebody please email me cuz i need someone to talk to. (pitiful, i know)[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

im in the chat room if u still wana chat