Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been having digestive system problems for months now, but only recently has it seemed like it's my guts that are really the problem. Tomorrow I go in for blood tests, and I go to the gastroenterologist next week to see what's up. My dad has Crohn's disease, and they're checking to see if I have it too. In the meantime, it's one constant terror after another.

It's been a decade since I've thrown up (frantically knock on wood,) so I'm not really sure if what I'm feeling a lot of the time is nausea, but nausea or not, I'm having stomach problems. I don't think carbonation would help, but does anyone have any other magic remedies? Does anyone know where they sell just ginger tablets? Does anyone know if those really help?

I also have some Maalox but haven't tried it yet. Is it like Pepto Bismol or different?

You could try some probiotic yogurt its supposed to be really good for your digestive system
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

depending on the nature of your stomach problems - there are several remedies you could try.

I personally have suffered with a very eratic digestive system for years AND YEARS, alternating bouts of constipation followed by cripling cramps and HUMILIATING d* and it really started to have a negative effect on my self confidence and in fact - my life. I kept going to my doctors and he'd fob me off with all sorts of sorry excuses....I must have been told a million times it was mild IBS.....an intolerance to dairy....etc etc....I was tested for all sorts - including chrones disease .......eventually I made a visit to my local GP only to find he was off sick and was being covered by a female locum who just happened to be a dietician and we had a good old chat about it all.

she identified that the contraceptive pill I was on had a tendancy to slow down your digestive system (due to the high levels of estrogen) and this was causing the bouts of constipation......and then the d* was an obvious backlash of that. she said that all I had to do was incorporate some Bran into my diet on a daily basis and I should come right

so I did....I marched myself off to the supermarket and got some bran flakes which I have every morning (without fail) sometimes with fruit, or with some other cereal or with yoghurt and to be honest - it WORKS!!!!! if I ever miss it (no milk or maybe staying away at friends or family or in a hotel)...you can practically gurantee my body returns back to the bad stages....

so maybe try that......

I've never heard that about the pill before,that's very interesting, i wonder if that's whats wrong with me too, i've just gone along with the IBS diagnosis for which the doctor was no help whatsoever, he just said fibre makes it better in some people and worse in others so try it and see... My main problem is constipation and i've been having an Activia yoghurt everyday which has helped a bit, but if it gets very bad I use linseeds sprinkled on food and theyreally get things moving! I'm going to try the bran flakes too now.

MXW08 - Without knowing your symptoms it's hard to say what might help, but peppermint tea is very soothing to the digestive system, or you can also buy peppermint oil capsules. If they don't find a physical cause like crohns etc then it could be somehting in your diet so if you haven't done already it might be worth cutting one item at a time out for a week or so and seeing what happens? Good luck and I hope they can identify what it is so you can get it sorted out.

Ginger tablets usually help me ~ I find them all the time at Walgreens (they are rather tough to find elsewhere around here). As everyone else has said, probiotic supplements and/or probiotic yogurt is FANTASTIC. My preference is Light Activia Vanilla. Another thing that helps me is herbal tea ~ particularily Chamomile or other blends (most herbal tea companies make "stomach" blends or "relax" blends, etc). I hope you feel better soon. Crohn's disease is killer ~ one of my best friends has it, so I pray that you haven't inherited it from your father. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for your responses everyone Gastroenterologist appointment the day after tomorrow. I hope they can find what's wrong, I've been living on toast for two weeks.

Something that always seems to work for me is hot lemonade ... just water with half a squeezed lemon (and the squeezed-out peel dropped in) boiled in a pan. Idk what it is but it almost always makes my n* go away. Just a little natural remedy you might like to try.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.