Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: UGH!!!

I used to frequent these message boards quite a bit several years ago. So many people on here were of so much great support. But with therapy and anti-anxiety meds I got to place where I didn't need to be here. Didn't need the support and actually found that reading about everyone's struggles was too hard for me.

Now, I'm back. I am going through some rough personal stuff in my life right now and emetophobia is how my body "copes". I HATE IT!! I cannot go into that pit of despair that I was 4 years ago....I can't.

I know how you feel. I've had this stupid fear since I was 8, but it usually only popped up if there seemed to be a chance I was going to get sick, or if someone near me did. Last spring though, I started having health problems that still haven't been figured out. They've also gotten worse within just the last month, but anyway, emetophobia haunts my every waking hour now. I know that "I can't do this again" feeling VERY well. I have it every single day, wondering how the heck I can go on feeling like this EVERY day. It seems endless, hopeless, and impossible to go on enduring.

I'm sorry that wasn't very comforting, but I hope the knowledge that you're definitely not alone can provide some small comfort.

Edited by: mxw08

I am so sorry that you needed to come back. Maybe it's just a temporary setback; we all get those. Did you used to have a different user name? I have been here for a long time! Hope you are doing okay. We are all here for you!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    I am so sorry that you needed to come back. Maybe it's just a temporary setback; we all get those. Did you used to have a different user name? I have been here for a long time! Hope you are doing okay. We are all here for you!
    I don't remember my old user name, but I remember you harmonygirl. You helped me through many a sleepless worrisome nights. I hope this is a temporary minor set-back for me. I'm back in therapy and seriously considering getting back on the anti-anxiety meds...at least until this period of my life has passed. I know emetophobia will ALWAYS be there. It's been there for 28 years..it will never go away, but I can get it to where it doesn't control my life. I guess what makes it sooo scary now is that I don't have my old support system. He was my rock and got me through the panic attacks and supported me, and now I'm alone. I hope you all don't mind me coming back [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

No, we don't mind at all! I am so glad I helped you back then,and am happy to do the same again! I wish I knew what your user name was! Did we chat on IM or just through posts on here?
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."