Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: On Being A Wimp

Sorry guys, this is like my third post in two days. But it's like my life has suddenly become surrounded by people being sick!!! My dad was sick last night, (although not contagious, thank goodness,) and tonight my mom got hurt. She was injured at work years ago and has since sustained other injuries that have worsened the original injury, so she suffers from great pain everyday and her neck (the site of the original injury,) is very sensitive any kind of accident that may become it.

Apparently she just got hurt again. I don't even know how, because I'm a wimp and too frightened to leave my room because in between the moaning from pain, I heard her say she was going to be sick. (From the pain no doubt.) Now I feel so bad... I HATE being a wimp like this! I should be helping, and instead I'm hiding. I mean, my dad was there and is of course now with her, so it's not like I'm leaving her alone. But still! I feel awful...

I'm sorry. I've been through this too. One time my mom fell on some glass and cut her hand and I was the only person home and she wanted to take me to the emergency room. Then she v* from fear and pain and the sight of blood and I almost couldn't take her. My mom called my dad and he yelled at me for like an entire minute until I felt bad enough to take her. I felt like such a horrible person.

Maybe you could brave it and go out and see her? She's not sick from anything contagious and I'm sure she won't v* while you're around. And at least she'll say "I'm going to be sick" so you can get out of there.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time.
    Crayon

You're not a wimp at all, just scared. When my fiance got the noro off me last month, even though I'd had it 2 days before and knew I couldn't get it again (although I had to come on here just to double check) as would be immune, I still freaked out and was absolutely no use to him whatsoever and hid in the bedroom, even though he had told me he hates being s* on his own I just couldn't be near him and I felt rubbish for it but if we could turn off the emet just like that then we wouldn't all be on here.

Hope everyone in your house is feeling better now x