Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: new from italy

Hallo. First of all, I am sorry for my english. I am italian, so I do my best to write as well as possible. I'm 39 years old and I suffer since I was 7. I can say emetophobia is mi bride. July 2008 I caught a non hodgkin linphoma and I started chemio. I don't know how to explain. I'm scared for vomit and not interested about my life. I'm not scared to die. It's terrible
    michy

Hi have you just started the chemo? Or did you get it last July and have finished it?

I started chemio 29th august, I did 7 and tomorrow I'm gonna do the last one. Never v. in this period, nauseated just after the first and the second one but I had a lot of zofran. Medicians say I am fine now but I'll be under control for long time. I hoped this experience helped me but It didn't. It's terrible to say but I was never scared to die (and I risk much ). My only thought is escape by v...

Hello Alexcat! It is so coincidental that you have just posted. It seems odd, but I was just wondering if anyone in Italy suffered from Emetophobia(I've been reading a book called Eat Pray Love in which the author spends three wonderful months in Rome)!

I'm sorry you are going through Chemo, but glad that it sounds like you have beaten it! You are a very strong person for getting through this, even if it hasn't improved your emet. Perhaps it will motivate you to try to get some help, if you can beat cancer you can beat emetophobia! Thanks for posting, hope you feel better soon!

Totally unrelated, but I loved that book!!

Welcome, Alexcat!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Welcome Alexcat. I am glad to hear that you are going to be done with chemo soon and that your cancer is in remission (is that right?).

You must be a very strong person to have gone through that experience and I must congratulate you on your strength.

I hope to hear from you again soon!

Benvenuto! (I think). [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Well done on getting through it!

Don't feel bad for saying you were more scared of v* than dying, i think alot of people on here would feel exactly the same way.

There was a thread on here last week i think where someone asked the question if you got cancer would you take the chemo and risk getting sick? And there were people who said they wouldn't take it, which just shows how strong the horror of v* can be.

Hopefully things will look up for you now and you will be feeling loads better soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

ciao, michy! benvenuto! come va? i miei cugini abitano in italia (padova e benevento)! parlo italiano (un po`)... i understand the language much better than i speak it! mio nonno is having chemotherapy now, too (for esophageal cancer). i know many people who have gone through cancer treatments without ever getting sick. zofran is a lifesaver for mio nonno. peppermint and ginger (tea or candies) work well too! eat light and small meals throughout the day.

tanti auguri!
    stia bene!Edited by: prncesspnk

Quote Originally Posted by prncesspnk
    ciao, michy! benvenuto! come va? i miei
    cugini abitano in italia (padova e benevento)! parlo italiano (un
    po`)... i understand the language much better than i speak it! mio
    nonno is having chemotherapy now, too (for esophageal cancer). i
    know many people who have gone through cancer treatments
    without ever getting sick. zofran is a lifesaver for mio nonno.
    peppermint and ginger (tea or candies) work well too! eat light and
    small meals throughout the day.

tanti auguri!
    stia bene!

lucky....
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

Ciao Alexcat...I'm Italian descent and took 3 years in high school. My grandparents were from Sicily (mother) and Abbruzese (father). What part are you from? I have a pen pal in Priolo that I have had since middle school. I can write and understand some (great job prncesspnk!).
    Anyway, welcome and I think you are very brave for going through all that you have...Sometimes I feel, too, that I would rather die than get sick. That is our fear talking. We all understand and you will get a lot of support here. Keep posting and your English is fine!!!

Hi Alexcat and welcome to this site! It seems there are a few people on this site who have Italian relatives! My Father is Italian, he is from Pavia and I have been there many times! I am so sorry you have been through chemo, put it seems you are getting better! You are very, very brave! If you haven't v* by now, then I think you are going to be fine, especially with Zofran. Everyone here will support you, so keep posting! Where do you live in Italy? I am 41 years old and have suffered emet from the age of 8 years old. I am in Australia. Everyone here understands what it is like to have emet. I hope you feel better very soon. Take care of yourself. Daniela [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Ciao [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi everybody,
    I am very happy for your support. Cancer is almost over. Now I want to beat the other one. I think is much much much more difficult. Someone asked where I come from. I live in Rome, I am a journalist. I'm not surprised to see many of yours have some kind of bonds with Italy. Usa has ever been so important for our country (and now thanks to Obama much more ).

Michy, Vivete a Roma! Roma è una bella città, ero l'anno scorso là in maggio e pensato esso era stupefacente! Voglio visitare ancora Roma, forse l'anno prossimo. Avete cancro secondario? Quella è notizie terribili! I miei pensieri sono con voi e spero che recuperiate molto presto. Resti in contatto con questo Web site perché tutto lo sosterrà durante questo tempo terribile per voi. È voi maschio o la femmina? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] Spero di sentire ancora da voi presto. Ciao, Daniela

Michy, Penso che abbia compreso male, non avete cancro secondario, ma volete conquistare il emetophobia! Siete così coraggioso che soffre con il cancro e non avete fatto V*. Siete stato con il più difettoso e la vostra vita ora otterrà migliore. Avete di supporto dalla famiglia o dagli amici? Chiedo scusa, il mio italiano non sono buono! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] Ciao, Daniela

lol I can only understand like bits and pieces of your guys' italian. That's cuz I know Spanish.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. I'm Sophia, and I'm from USA but my family is Greek. Some of my family in Greece goes to Italy for vacation in the summer.
    I'm glad to hear that you're recovering from lymphoma. My 7 year old cousin was diagnosed with it a few days ago. He has a non-Hodgkin type called anaplastic large cell lymphoma.

Hi Sophia, I can't speak Italian but use a website called babelfish to translate, hee hee! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I'm sorry to hear about your little cousin; I hope he makes a speedy recovery.