Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I think I have inherited my mom's bad stomach. She has suffered with BAD heartburn for years and sometimes its so bad that she vomits stomach acid. She is now on Prevacid and that helpsalot but I am now getting heartburn quite frequently. SometimesI just eat a piece of bread and I get hurtburn or I drink some water and get heartburn. This is how my mom said she was. And I'm eating rolaids a good bit because this helps. (god please dont let me jinx myself). Is it good to eat rolaids all the time. I have maybe six a day and the package says not to take more than 12 in 24 hours so I guess its fine. Do you think I'm going to have my mothers stomach eventually? I'm scared I will...

Get thee to a doctor, there is no reason for you to suffer!

I take Prilosec (you can actually get this over the counter, but its cheaper to get a prescription) and it really neutralizes the stomach acid. I have severe asthma so the heartburn would make that flair up. I take Prilosec first thing in the morning (can't eat for 30 minutes after you take it) and that's all, its prevenatative, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Mylanta or Gaviscon is better than Rolaids for true reflux (heartburn)

Quote Originally Posted by ChippedAway

Get thee to a doctor, there is no reason for you to suffer!

I take Prilosec (you can actually get this over the counter, but its cheaper to get a prescription) and it really neutralizes the stomach acid. I have severe asthma so the heartburn would make that flair up. I take Prilosec first thing in the morning (can't eat for 30 minutes after you take it) and that's all, its prevenatative, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Mylanta or Gaviscon is better than Rolaids for true reflux (heartburn)

Hey there Ashley,

Sorry you have to suffer through hearburn all the time!! I HATE heartburn!! It is an awful feeling, and is really scary for us emets!! I agree with Chipped Away though. I would see the doctor and maybe he/she can prescribe something like Prilosec for you to help prevent the heart burn??

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.