Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello again everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement and support from my last post. I had my CT scan tonight. In fact, I just got back. The encouragement I got from everyone really helped, but I have to say, you could not pay me to do that again. I could not finish both bottles. I finished about one a half and hoped that was enough. Every swig made me gag and I have never come so close in my entire life to actually wanting to throw up as I did drinking that stuff. I don't know that I was nauseated, just so gagged and so repulsed by the mere thought of having to drink even more. I'm so grateful mine were flavored, I could barely do it with even with that.

I'm kind of worried now because I'm back and I look really pale and I feel rather off. I'm hoping it's just nerves, because my stomach doesn't hurt and I feel like eating. Does that sound like nerves? I'm kind of nervous [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'm sure its nerves. Try to relax and be glad it's over. YUCK. I did that myself-hated every minute of it.

One IMPORTANT thing that they never told me was that your BM will be WHITE. Or whatever color your barium was. I FREAKED when I saw that. It's normal.

It's definitely just nerves. I'm sorry you had to go through such a horrible process. Thankfully it's over though!
    Crayon

You made it through without puking! Congratulations! I knew you could do it! You are very strong!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gagging doesn't necessarily have anything to do with nausea. The barium is
    disgusting and I could only drink a tiny amount when I had a barium meal a
    few years ago. It's obviously meant to stay down so it won't make you sick
    and I am sure it was just nerves and exhaustion after the stressful
    experience making you feel bad. Be warned - the barium can give you bad
    constipation. I remember it was like trying to pass a brick!

And it can be hard to flush away too cos it doesn't break up like normal poo . . . .

I had one done recently. I felt n* after too but I ended up being ok and able
    to eat shortly after. It left me with cramps the rest of the day though, and
    terrible gas.

The worst part is the first minute or so when the stuff is bubbling in your
    tummy and they're rolling you around. The nurse who was with me when
    they did it wasn't very nice. I said "I think I'm going to v*!" and she said "Well
    aim for the damn garbage can!" but the can was too far away. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]