Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've felt really weird all day, and my throat has been scratchy since this morning. Like I talked for too long, but I didn't, and it's lasted all day. And my head is killing me, (although I think exhaustion is to blame for that,) and now my stomach kind of hurts. Like on the sides just below/around my navel, and a little bit up the right side. Mostly if I put any kind of strain on it, like sitting up without using my arms. And it's reminded me of hearing about the flu that has cold symptoms but also stomach flu symptoms, and I'm really just kind of freaked :/Edited by: mxw08

I've seen rumors of this "flu" on this website, but typically influenza does NOT cause v*ing and the question has been asked here where nobody said they had v*ed in response to a question about it on IES. Personally I have had pretty bad nausea with the flu but never v*ed with it, despite sometimes not taking the best care of myself during the illness. The worst thing was the zoned out feeling, aches and pains in my back, and total loss of energy or appetite.

I've heard of that flu too. My friend had it though and she said that by "cold symptoms" she just meant back aches, headaches and a stuffy nose. And she said all that stuff came on instantly and was very severe. So it doesn't sound like you really have it. Maybe you are just getting some nasty cold?
    Crayon

Really? Along with v*ing or just the other stuff you mentioned. Not good if that's going around so close to home. I know In Gainesville we've got this wicked head cold going around, 3 out of 4 of us plus my brother's GF have had it. Pretty nasty but better than V*.

Yea people dont V with the flu you will be fine on rare occasions they do b ut thats mainly children as they cant handle couging and things and all the mucas.

Your going to be fine i had the Flu in november.. and i was so panicy all the way through it as i was convinced i would V* and i NEVER did!! not even close... lol

Our minds are weird on us sometimes your fine, Flu is awful and makes you feel horrible but like you said its better than V!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i've yet to hear of an emet on this site v*ing from the flu. children tend to v* from the flu much more than adults do (because they have weaker bellies and everything else abbey said above^). typically when adults v* from influenza, it's because they either swallowed too much mucus, have weak stomachs to begin with, pushed themselves too hard or ate too much. when you have a fever, your body cannot digest food so well because certain digestive enzymes begin to break down at higher temperatures. so if you have a fever and you're hungry, eat light. and if you don't feel like eating, don't. just keep having clear liquids. and, of course, the flu is a perfect excuse to stay in bed and watch movies all day for a week while being waited upon hand and foot [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. so, if you do end up sick (not v* sick, just congested/flu-ish sick), just do your best to relax and reassure yourself you will not v*. most of us feel so n* when we have colds or flus because we are so nervous and so convinced that any kind of bug will make us v*. feel better soon!

Yeah, she v*ed with the flu but she told me it was just because she was n*. Um. lol. Like, she said that she was really n* but knew she wasn't going to v* but she made herself a few times to get over the n*.
    Crayon

what the doc. told me was only young children and infants v from it and that is usually because they swallow the flem instead of blowing it our or spitting it out.